Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i usually wear sneakers when i ride the zx14 , but want something better, what type of shoes should i get, of course it needs to be comfortable, let me know what you guys/gals reccomend:crazyloco

·
16,062 Posts
Something with ankle protection. As in, a boot made for riding a bike.
If it has to be low cut, there's nothing I would recommend.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,458 Posts
Something with ankle protection. As in, a boot made for riding a bike.
If it has to be low cut, there's nothing I would recommend.
+1 Riding boots are the best! If you're going to spend the money, spend it wisely

·
Registered
888 Posts
For riding agressively, i usually ride on my alpinestars supertech R or tecknic chicane boots, although i would consider it comfortable for riding all day, it wouldnt really be a run to the store kind of shoes.

So for quickies, i use alpinestars one-o-one.
quick to put on and very comfortable shoes you can take for store runs, dates. etc.

·
16,062 Posts
For hardcore, tantric sex, I wear a condom.
If it's a quickie, I don't bother.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
If you don't want to buy the more expensive motorcycle boots you can always go with some regular timberlands.

I recommend what has been said above though. I just got the A* SMX-5 boots and they are comfortable and awesome to ride in.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i have mc boots, but since the gear shifter is further back than the cruisers shifter its hard for me to feel the shifter, hopefully you guys understand my point, as to wearing sneakers defenitely can get more of the feel, and its easier to get my foot in between

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I swear by my Sidis....... Older then sin now, but still functional and kool...

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
yea i have mc boots, but since the gear shifter is further back than the cruisers shifter its hard for me to feel the shifter, hopefully you guys understand my point, as to wearing sneakers defenitely can get more of the feel, and its easier to get my foot in between
Chuck, only Squids wear sneakers when they ride....

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/gene...nt-experience-pictures-description-aware.html

While lower-extremity injuries were more frequent, head, chest, and abdominal injuries
tended to be more severe. An estimated 97 percent of AIS 2 or higher (2+) lower-extremity
injuries were of AIS 2 or 3. Injured motorcyclists sustain more leg injuries than any other type of
lower-extremity injury, with bone fractures being more common than soft-tissue injuries.
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/810982.pdf

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
hows the toe area, are they flexible?
very nice, indeed
Actually, movement on the lower foot area is pretty good. Wouldnt walk a mile in them, but they are very well made and offer excellent protection.... :smile

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
can you give me the place you bought them from or the price?
I bought them at a local bike store that went out of business a few years ago. Their sizes are pretty much true to form. I wear a 10.5 and an 11 fits me great.

Really a bummer that its so hard to find them at a store so ya can try them on. Most stores nowadays dont want to tie up $$$ in a $300 boot...

Guess the only way to find them now is online or just start calling up shops.

My Sidis are called the Vertigo.....

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/109/ITEM/Sidi-Vertigo-Boots.aspx

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
I wear my steel toe doc Martin work boots in case I need to kick a door trying to occupy my space.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wear my steel toe doc Martin work boots in case I need to kick a door trying to occupy my space.
i have the HD mc boots which work great for the cruiser but the toe area is too high and cant fit in between the gear area

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am also looking for a leather jacket with a little bit of red, what would you guys reccomend?
how about
alpine stars or dainese?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts