Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best setting on the front forks for the "occasional" wheelie or two? I dont want to blow out my fork seals or damage anything. I am riding the somewhat heavier Concours14.........................

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Gotta agree, Not good on the rad..e..ator at all ,it's all good if you land soft and all but a couple good hard hits and you run the risk of cracking the radiator on top of the already mentioned shock issues. Not that I'm the one to give advice on wheelies! I love it. I have my bike (ZX14) lowered and have my dampening and springs somewhat stiff to avoid bottoming out. You have a heavier bike and that means harder hits if you don't ride it down soft. I'm not a trick rider but I'm fairly decent at the wheelies and a few other low grade parlor tricks and don't let it down hard very often but you know it seems hardest to follow your own advice sometimes and I'm sure I'll be fixing some shock seals or something soon enough??:rofl
$ = Fun

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gotta admire his enthusiasm!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Well.. :angry jinxed myself there went to Lake Cumberland over the Labor day weekend and hit a deep pothole (jumped out from behind the car I was probably riding to close too right into the path of my front tire) now I need a new front rim and a new front skin busted them both. that'll teach me to talk about having to fix things.

Anybody have an 07' 14 front rim they would like to sell????:headscratch

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
anything (almost) with two wheels and an engine can wheelie

·
Registered
526 Posts
Unless the engines not powerfull enough or the weight distributions off.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I,ve riden wheelies on mopeds and pedaled a hundred of'em on my bicycles and I was only one K.P. (kidpower) ....Where there's a will there's a way:rofl

·
Registered
133 Posts
hell yes. i was riding next to aviator and looked over to see the nose pointing straight at the clouds. i will say that it is very odd seeing a machine with saddle bags with that kind of stroke. it's definitely not a bike for tired old men.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts