Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody here of shinko tires?thier VERY cheap for this bike,like 175 for a pair on fleabay.just wondering if thier any good?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I believe the ZX-14 has special tires designed for it! Using anything else causes it to handle like a tank! :crazyloco

The ZX-14 rubbers are ONLY Bridgestone BT-014 but it's no ordinary BT-014. On the tyre wall marks 'L' denotes really fat bikes going really fast. I confirmed it with the service manual.. I consulted kawasaki distributor and they said not to use other rubber. They are prone to delaminating because of overwhelming torque and power produced. The bridgestone rubber was specific to the 14...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got Shinko soft on the front and Ultra soft on the rear of my 12R. AWESOME tire. Unbelievably sticky. But yea, they have short life. My u-soft will get about 3-3500 miles and the front soft wil get about 5000

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just ordered 3 of these tires for the back. Awesome drag racing tire.:crazyloco

·
Registered
71 Posts
dEPENDS ON YOUR RIDING STYLE

I installed one of those 2 weeks ago and all I can say is...
If you are a straight line drag racer, they're awsome! Lots of grip with a very flat drag racing profile.
If you like to ride your bike for more than 9 and in some cases 10-11 seconds of fun, don't buy this tire! I love to ride the canyons in Colorado. Tried this tire.... bike handles like a Ford Mavrick!:banghead

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've got Shinko soft on the front and Ultra soft on the rear of my 12R. AWESOME tire. Unbelievably sticky. But yea, they have short life. My u-soft will get about 3-3500 miles and the front soft wil get about 5000
Man thats a lot of ks for soft rubber. i get about 5000km out of Dunlop Qualifiers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Shinko Stealth Tires are for straight line drag racing. Shinko Advance Tires are Sport Touring tires, and the Shinko Podium is a Cruiser Tire. I sell Motorcycle tires for a living so trust me on this. Any Z rated tire will be fine on this bike. I put Pirelli Diablos on mine and they are as good if not better than the Bridgestone BT014 that comes on it. It is all about what kind of riding you do. If you are a straight line rider than the Shinko will be no problem. However, if you are like me and stay in the corners then you will need something with a more severe lean angle such as: Pirelli Diablo, Michelin Pilot Power, or Metzler M3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put shinko on if you drag. Do not use this tire if you ride highway. I bought a 190 Shinko Advance 005 on a Saturday last month. Advance 005, tire looked great on the bike. on The following Wednesday I went out to bike night (about 50 miles one way). For some reason I didnt feel comfortable. Felt as though I had to tuck more, like I was catching a lot of wind. By the time I reached bike night I felt as though I was high, like if I rode 50 miles with tunnel vision. I then realized it was the tire. I was catching more wind because of the flat contact patch which sat the rear of the bike down lower. The feeling of being high was because of the larger contact flat tire (the Shinkos really grab the road) which vibrated my head while the bike felt just as steady as always. The Shinko tire will chirp the tires like a good high performance sports car (dam good drag tire). I went back to the dealer the following Saturday and bought a 200 siries Battlex 014 and all that dis-comformt went away instantly. Yes I wanted to save money and the Shinko looked great. In one weeks time I spent darn near 500 bucks on just rear tires (no refunds on tires). It is true that a 200 series tire changes turn in. But if one just mans up it still handles the curves like a 190.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yea I concur. I only got 3,200 miles on the rear factory tire on mine, before VERY dangerous wear starting showing. I really don't feel like shelling out hundreds of dollars every three months on tires. Is there a harder tire that you would recommend?

·
Banned
528 Posts
i run shinko's and i race and ride my 04 zx6r on the street, i usally get around 3 or 3,500 miles out of the rear never tried the front tho, but my buddy who has a 05 limited busa with a 1397 with a 80 shoot of spray runs them on the front and back and he says he loves them and they are cheaper than most tires out there

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you ride the twisties, there is no finer tire than the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's. Got a harder center, sticky sides. You'll wear out the rear in 3-4k, the front in 5-6k. Worth the extra money, but only for guys who lean.
Scott

·
Registered
31 Posts
the shinko's have a racing set and a street set and the street set is wonderful. we have a set on a kawa 636, hayabusa and my 14r. my cousin has the racing set on a gsxr1000 and tears up the track with it. that my experience with them. great tire for the price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts