Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had these, or like products? basically im in the market for a tire that puts out colored smoke. me and some friends are taking footage of our whole "racing summer" and ive decided that a rolling burnout for a few miles would be sweet......so i started looking for the hardest compound, cheapest tire i could find....then i got the idea "if im gonna do a couple mile long burnout....COLORED SMOKE!!!!" the shinko smoke bomb looks decent, but the price is a little on the high side being as im literally going to use this tire for one day. whatever i dont burn off on the road the video is taken on, the rest will be left on my street right in front of my driveway(my neighbors are going to love me after that) so whats everyones take on these tires, or do you have a recommendation for a different tire....my size is 180/55/17...which happens to be 1 of the only 2 sizes the shinko tire comes in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've seen tires for cars that throw colored smoke. Khumo makes them IIRC, and they are expensive. Like $180 apiece for burnout tires, but the smoke is really colored and looks cool as hell

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Don't get em. Unless you are a burn out nut don't bother. I talked to a Shinko rep, and he said that they were produced for stunters and show offs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Don't get em. Unless you are a burn out nut don't bother. I talked to a Shinko rep, and he said that they were produced for stunters and show offs.
did you read my whole op? it will be purchased for a "show off" purpose. and will be mounted, burned down to wires, dismounted, and my current tire put back on, all in the same day.

where is B-town? bradenton? bonita? im in ft. myers

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Bradenton. Sorry was half asleep when i read it lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you have the money to burn (literally) I'd do it. But I'm a budget build guy, so if I buy tires, I try to make them last and save burnouts and shenanigans for when I have new tires waiting to go on

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bradenton. Sorry was half asleep when i read it lol
you ever go to the track? ive only ever ran my failturd of a bike on the 1/8th. i wanna get some runs in on the 1/4. i might be able to get some bikers from ft. myers to come up there for a test and tune day. do you go to bike night in bradenton? if you do, see if you can spread the word about a track day and see what people say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts