Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this problem early on, only a couple of weeks after I bought the bike. When you are shifting up through the gears, not down, the gear indicator will read one gear higher just after the shift, then drop down to show the correct gear. For example, when you shift into third, it shows fourth, then back down to third, then so forth and so on. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah i have the same problems.. its all the way up to 6th gear.. im not sure what to do about it or why is does that.. never had it do it when im shifting down though the gears. i just figured that it had something to do with the limiters and not being programed rite... any ideas?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
:eek:hnoMine started doing that(from 5th to 6th,but not down from 6th to 5th) at around 14,000+ miles.She's got 15,8+ now,still does it. I'm not gonna sweat it.If that's the only thing that's gone wrong so far-I'm happy:clap

·
Registered
34 Posts
ya, my stupid indicator does the same thing. It is slow to react.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I use a GI PRO gear indicator and it works great {Plus it has a TRE built in} I mounted it above the guages with a strop of aluminum strap about 1 and 1/2 '' wide I bent it and drilled a hole to mo0unt it to the bolt o the back of the guage package Look cool and is out of the way of the guages.....<speedy<

1 - 6 of 6 Posts