Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why the shift light stays on when i'm in 6th gear going over 175?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Are you hitting the rev limiter in any of the gears? sometimes when you hit the limiter the light stays on. My friends busa does anyway.
T

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what kawi got it set at. Well its in the shop getting a akrapovic full system and power commander. I mean i havent gotten the bike to top speed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when the shift light comes on I shift. And its not bogging down or losing power the light just stays on. I was a lil concern until my co-worker told me it does that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Read the dam instruction booklet noob, it will tell you the out of shop setting which is about 9k rpm and you need to set it yourself.

Mine is set to 12,500rpm and you can also change it from ON to flashing

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Read the dam instruction booklet noob, it will tell you the out of shop setting which is about 9k rpm and you need to set it yourself.

Mine is set to 12,500rpm and you can also change it from ON to flashing
thanks for being an a** hole i love it.. I figured it was a factory setting but, i'm not all that savvy in knowing about this kind of stuff.. dick head

·
Registered
82 Posts
Turn igniton to on and then hold the mode and clear button down till the needle moves.

and if ya don't have a manual go buy one, they cheap as shit on ebay.

Oh i'm not being an arsehole, it's just simple knowledge if u want to know something on your bike check the book, i mean geez how hard is that to do?

First thing i did before even riding my bike was read the book back to front, so i didn't have to ask dumb frikken questions on a forum and look liek a noob.

But hey that's just my opinion isn't it?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I do have the service manual, I do all my own work on my bike, even engine work...but there is nothing in the service manual about the light.... so thanks for the tip...

·
Registered
515 Posts
i got that, I just don't have the owners manual...just the service...i figured it would be in there but its not....anyway. I don't think i'll need anything else from the owners manual except this shift light info...

thanks, I got it set today...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm going to set mine when i get my bike out the shop. what did you set yours too kdankenb

·
Registered
515 Posts
I set it at 11k, I think that is stock...but I figure by the time my eye sees it and my foot moves, it'll be damn close to redline....and honestly, when yer on the track, sometimes you can't look at it at all, so ya gotta shift based on sound and feel kinda...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts