Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my zx7r p2 jump only when I kick down the 1st gear from neutral, no any problem up or down gearing while on move, I think it's normal, just want to double check with you guys :thefinger

·
Registered
15 Posts
mine also does it, if the bikes been sitting for a while, put it on swing arm stands, run it in second gear and slam on the rear brakes, its usually because the plates in the clutch are stuck together, did it on mine but it didnt work, also heard could be a warped or bent plate.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Every bike does this. Some more than others.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Your clutch fluid is probably low. Fill 'er up or flush it completely. Flush is probably preferred.

Then make sure that your clutch lever is adjusted so that it engages further out from the bar.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Ive never riden a bike that doesnt have some noticable bump to it going into first.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Ive never riden a bike that doesnt have some noticable bump to it going into first.
Try a low mile Honda F3 or F4... You hardly notice when you go into 1st and sometimes the other gears are so slick you think you aren't toeing the shifter enough.

F' That! I like the bang and ratchet feel of Kawasaki... You know your in gear with authority!

If the shift into first is fairly violent then it's possible The clutch isn't disengaging enough or the idle speed is too high.

Josh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thank you everyone.....

the clutch fluid already to max but maybe it's old!? but I can try to lower the Idle a tiny bit and see......

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
thank you everyone.....

the clutch fluid already to max but maybe it's old!? but I can try to lower the Idle a tiny bit and see......
I set my idle around 1,100rpm

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
My idle sets itself at 1100 LOL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2002 does the same. I read in the haynes manual that it is the engine oil being too old or too thick- or clutch plates warped or spring problems- which means reviving the clutch. i put mine on a stand put her in gear reved it up and slammed the rear brakes whivh seemed to free them up- thanks kitty

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I may need to do the same thing. Again..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts