Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
519 Posts
Probably not, just get a servo buddie.

· Registered
519 Posts
"This removes your exhaust servo motor from under seat freeing up a lot of space.

My question to hellsrazor is does this act as a tre or just grounds the system so it doesnt throw a fi code?

oh so everyone knows I just ran the schematic's and this mod will work on any 2004-2010 zx10r or any 2005-2011 zx6r! We all have the same servo"

Better believe im doing this lol... good find man thanks!!

· Registered
602 Posts
That Cap acts like a short to ground when it is initially energized. Then over time it comes in to equilibrium and power will flow elsewhere.

My concern with this wiring is when you turn off the bike the cap will want to discharge. I have not looked in to the wiring diagram, so I do not know if this is the case, but if one of those wires goes to the ECU it could cause a voltage spike from the cap discharging and damage it.

To be safe I would add a diode to prevent this. That is if my assumptions are correct.

· Registered
602 Posts
Yes, you are right. I've found better solution using microscheme.
I think I prefer to make this one:

I like this one a lot more. People are probably looking at that and think it is difficult to make, but it is not. You can get all that stuff at Radio shack. Don't let that integrated chip make you shy, it's not doing any complex math operations. I am pretty sure it is only used for a voltage divider, meaning you put in 12v and get out 5v. If you can solder and follow a map, you can build this.

Edit: how many would be interested in something like this if I built them?

· Registered
40 Posts
Has it worked or Did you just make it and not plug into bike yet? I tried te other one and it kinda worked sometime then FI come back sometimes.
I've just made it. Here is subzero temperature. LM3900N works only in condition when atmo temperature is above 0C (32F). By present moment the temperature is -7C (19F). And my bike is on the remote parking. I can't go to them and doing somethins immidiately anytime.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.