Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of the items I have left are from a 96 ZX7r that had around 9 thousand miles on it. Parts are pretty dusty/dirty from sitting around. All the bodywork, front end/front wheel, fairing brace, gauges have been sold or used on another bike. I am located in N.E. Illinois if someone wants to save on shipping and pick up.

Headlight good shape no damage all mounting tabs in place SOLD

Radiator- straight with no leaks some fins bent, comes with fan and cooling hoses SOLD!!

Front seat little dirty should clean up fine no rips NOW $30 shipped

Subframe complete strait has taillight, pass pegs, battery tray, no key for lock was sold with switch assy. may part out further if any parts needed from it. NOW-$125 shipped obo crappy pics if you are interested contact me I will get you better pics

96 ZX7r engine assy approx 9,000 miles based off the gauges that were on the bike, been sitting for a few years in a garage. I had it as a back up for my track bike. Local pick up only (N.E.Illinois) can help with delivery for a fee. $350 obo

I have many other parts and will add to thread as I go through them. I have a swingarm that has been painted black, a strait rear wheel, carb rack, air box, wiring harness, gauge bracket/brace. etc....Feel free to contact me for if there is something you are looking for. Please pm me or email me at rsxs04 at yahoo dot com for any questions or pictures.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Do you know if the engine is a direct replacement into a 93-95 L model ZX7?

2fat will probably clear this up

but i do believe that the P model engine is wider then the L model (wider bore)

I could be wrong though

·
Registered
137 Posts
Damn that engine is cheap.. I wish I could afford to buy it and go get it. Hell, I just wish I could afford to buy it! What a fuckin shame.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Damn that engine is cheap.. I wish I could afford to buy it and go get it. Hell, I just wish I could afford to buy it! What a fuckin shame.

I paid $400 CDN for my spare engine including carbs (jetted) new valve job and clutch with 1,500km on it.... 19,000km total

but for sure with 9,000miles (15,000km) it has less then mine it is a good deal... if i was closer i would actually buy it as there is no harm in owning multiple engines.

its good to know if i throw a rod, blow a gasket, burn a cylinder, I can always drop an engine in in a day :evil

·
Registered
235 Posts
Do you know if the engine is a direct replacement into a 93-95 L model ZX7?
Short answer: Nope.

The rear mounts will line up and the right side (throttle side) head mount will line up but for some reason Kawasaki found it within themselves to move the left side (clutch side) head mount forward about an inch which throws the whole thing out of whack. As for the carbs and airbox... the L and M model air box is different than the P and N's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most of the items I have left are from a 96 ZX7r that had around 9 thousand miles on it. Parts are pretty dusty/dirty from sitting around. All the bodywork, front end/front wheel, fairing brace, gauges have been sold or used on another bike. I am located in N.E. Illinois if someone wants to save on shipping and pick up.

Headlight good shape no damage all mounting tabs in place SOLD

Radiator- straight with no leaks some fins bent, comes with fan and cooling hoses SOLD!!

Front seat little dirty should clean up fine no rips NOW $30 shipped

Subframe complete strait has taillight, pass pegs, battery tray, no key for lock was sold with switch assy. may part out further if any parts needed from it. NOW-$125 shipped obo crappy pics if you are interested contact me I will get you better pics

96 ZX7r engine assy approx 9,000 miles based off the gauges that were on the bike, been sitting for a few years in a garage. I had it as a back up for my track bike. Local pick up only (N.E.Illinois) can help with delivery for a fee. $350 obo

I have many other parts and will add to thread as I go through them. I have a swingarm that has been painted black, a strait rear wheel, carb rack, air box, wiring harness, gauge bracket/brace. etc....Feel free to contact me for if there is something you are looking for. Please pm me or email me at rsxs04 at yahoo dot com for any questions or pictures.
Would this motor fit or work on a 1990 ZX7 H2 frame

1 - 17 of 17 Posts