Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 92 does not seem to have either self cancelling binkers or the neutral finder in the gearbox.....should it?

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
My 2001 has neutral finder but no self cancelling signal blinkers............

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Bikes do not have self canceling signals. Non that I have work on any way.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My old Kawa GT750 Shaftie had self cancelling signals. It's the only one I know of.
Cheers,
Gav

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Do you mean where you simply press in on the turn signal selector and it stops instead of having to slide it to the middle "stop" position?

Apart from Gav's post above, never heard of a bike with "self canceling" blinkers like a car.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Do you mean where you simply press in on the turn signal selector and it stops instead of having to slide it to the middle "stop" position?

Apart from Gav's post above, never heard of a bike with "self canceling" blinkers like a car.
Lots of bikes have them.

They are generally sold to fat lazy bastards who are so oblivious to the road that they can never remember to turn them off.

Like Harley riders.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I mean they shut off either by time or distance traveled by themselves.My 1977 RD400 has this feature and most bikes Ive owned did. I thought I read it in the road test that Claude posted.....I'll have to re read it.

just scanned over the road test again...page 35..."all the niceties are there,self canceling turn signals,bar mounted choke"ect.

I want mine to work, its a great feature

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Lots of bikes have them.

They are generally sold to fat lazy bastards who are so oblivious to the road that they can never remember to turn them off.

Like Harley riders.
Correct! and they are Hardley's not Harley's.............. :rotflmao:crackup

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
There are no self cancelling turn signals on any ZX11. They are manually cancelling signals through a push on the button.

·
16,062 Posts
When do you turn the bars far enough on a sportbike, for that to even work anyway? :headscratch
I'm sure the Concours and Goldwing and K1300, etc have it. But I've never heard of it on a ZX.

And from what I understand, Kawi has been using "positive neutral finder"
for a long time. Before '92.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
When do you turn the bars far enough on a sportbike, for that to even work anyway? :headscratch
I'm sure the Concours and Goldwing and K1300, etc have it. But I've never heard of it on a ZX.
Bikes having self-cancelling turn signals works on a time/traveled distance combo to turn them off; it is not when bars are turned up to a point. You do not really turn bars more on a touring bike than a sport one.

·
16,062 Posts
Fair enough.
Still never heard of it on a ZX though.

·
Registered
556 Posts
My 1982 Yamaha Seca 550 had self cancelling turn signals,it was a great feature.I don't know why they don't make all bikes with them.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts

And from what I understand, Kawi has been using "positive neutral finder"
for a long time. Before '92.
It has nothing to do with turning the bars, they turn off after X amount of distance traveled.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
My 1982 Yamaha Seca 550 had self cancelling turn signals,it was a great feature.I don't know why they don't make all bikes with them.
Because it costs more money and you should be paying enough attention to what you are doing to not need them.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Lots of bikes have them.

Like Harley riders.
This ^^

Squidge is right.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
It has nothing to do with turning the bars, they turn off after X amount of distance traveled.
And again, Squidge is right.

Though some bikes use a some kind of leveling system to shut the blinkers also.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts