Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you proceed to remove the secondaries in you 1400 make sure you buy a powercommander before you do. On a stock 14 the bike runs dangerosly lean in 3000RPM range of a ratio of 17.1 to 1 Not good so daon' do it unless...:angry

·
Registered
498 Posts
I did however remove my secondary butterflies.... Not sure of how lean it is but what i can tell ya it's one hell of a new beast. Throttle control are now very sensitive to hand input. Other than that, i'm fine by it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
how long does this process take, you dont ahve to remove any fairings do you?

I am about to do it. Just want to know to make it easiest

I already know that the screw are loc tighted, and I need a t handle

·
Registered
24 Posts
how long does this process take, you dont ahve to remove any fairings do you?

I am about to do it. Just want to know to make it easiest

I already know that the screw are loc tighted, and I need a t handle
You do, in order to make it easier, have to remove fairings, b/c you have to remove/raise the tank. Bike is very easy to take apart and put back together.

Recommendations:

Take the bike for a ride first to heat everything up, from what I understand from others, make them quite easy to remove.

Don't need a t-handle, it seems the best tool to use is a 10"+ #2 phillips, magnetic head. Give the screwdriver an ever so slight tap on the but with a hammer just to 'sink' the head, and they pretty much back themselves out. Make sure you zip tie the actuator for the secondary butterflies or put some pliers on it first...if not sure which one it is, just move the secondary butterflies by hand and look on the (as you are sitting on the bike) left side of the throttle bodies, you'll see it moving.

Make sure to shop vac/blow out the intakes before putting back together because you dont' want any debris getting into your engine.

Aside from that, it's easy sailing, and a mod I HIGHLY recommend.

Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Don't forget to put some heat on your kranky bolts,it's far better that twisting heads off and leaving the stud in the hole. May the wrench be with you!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Don't forget to put some heat on your kranky bolts,it's far better that twisting heads off and leaving the stud in the hole. May the wrench be with you!

Hey there friend...

In my case, i heated up the tip of my phillip screwdriver by using a lighter. Heat it up for about 15 to 20 seconds and after that immediately place in on the screw and hold it there for 5 to 10 seconds. You'll notice it's easy to remove it.

Enjoy your new beast but easy on the throttle though my friend...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Power commander site has map for Muzzy slip-ons. I am sure that one is close. I'm running it with area p's and it spot on...

·
Registered
44 Posts
cisco that is a great question i have wondered myself.... have thought about removing them or having them removed but considering that is not exactly factory service work i figured this would be the best place to find some answers....

·
Registered
71 Posts
I removed my flies, installed PC III, full yoshi exhaust and had it dyno tuned.
187 rwhp & 112ft lbs of rwtq. As soon as I can figure out how to attach my dyno sheet, you will see how flat the power curve is. I wasn't going for any silly peak HP number (I did see 192 at one point, but the curve sucked) I went for the best set up throughout the RPM range. This bike is a beast!!!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
If you havent already seen it there is a whole other thread that has good info from Scavenger9 and others down the list a bit might help to read it too if you haven't already.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you havent already seen it there is a whole other thread that has good info from Scavenger9 and others down the list a bit might help to read it too if you haven't already.
Yup,

browse through previous threads to get your wanted info. Better to read it there than having eveybody repeating themselves again and again. About pics, sorry can't post it coz i don't have any kind of digital camera to do so. I recommend you go get yourself the service manual from kawasaki. It's the single most value for money investment you'll ever get but you have to carefully read it coz it's pics are in black and white. :smile

·
Registered
27 Posts
Flies Gone

TOOK MY SECONDARIES OUT YESTERDAY AND MAN I AM LIKE A KAW SHOULD HAVE NEVER PUT THEN DAYUM THINGS IN IT IS JUST LIKE ANOTHER BIKE
ANOTHER HAPPY MAN WITH A SEXY WOMEN UNDER HIM :crazyloco

1 - 16 of 16 Posts