Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dearship fixed my second damn oil leak on my bike today, its the crankshaft seal this is the second time they have had to fix it, after i got done riding yesterday the left fairing had oil runs down the side of it. Maybe its just mine but has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's quite possible that this problem is unique to your bike.
I've got 4k on mine and no sign of any oil.
How many miles do you have on yours??

·
Registered
23 Posts
ahhh man me to!!! I dont know exactly where its coming from but after i ride i see oil on the left fairing right near the crease where the opening is to look at the headers (i think those are headers). The truth is i had that problem the first month i bought the bike may 22,, i just though it was like dirt or something that smeared on the fairing. Turns out its oil! I can see it from the outside looking in,,its not like dripping or leaving drops on the floor in the morning,,its just when i finish riding i see the residue from the wind blowing some oil on the fairing!

Im waiting for the dealer to call me and let me know how bad the damage is!!

3300 miles
pazo long levers
2bros slip on
07 zx6r

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats exactly what it is then, go to the dealer and tell them it is the crankshaft seal it shouldnt take real long its just a seal but this is the second one they have put in mine and im about over it, anymore questions about let me know

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and mine has 2300 miles

·
Registered
23 Posts
dealer finally told me it was the valve cover gasket and that the part was on back order!! so now im gonna order some sprockets in the mean time!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah well now my valve cover is leaking, is the ever gonna end??????????????

·
Registered
101 Posts
thanks gonna go to my dealer tomorrow

Oh and i am planning on taking out my cat...would that void the warrantee?
Provided it doesn't chew through any cables, get a paw caught in the chain or push you over the maximum load weight I can't see why it should :rotflmao

·
Registered
317 Posts
how long did you have to leave your bike at the dealer for? mine wanted me to leave it there for 1-2 days..NOT only that, the wanted to see what the problem was and see if i caused it or not..gay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
More then likely that's just a little overspill from when the filter was removed. Clean it up, check your oil level and see if more shows up inside your fairing. If more shows up then you've got a problem.
I stopped by the dealer today and they told me it looks like chain lube is getting caked up because it's been so hot and to buy some degreaser to clean it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
finally got my baby back from the dealer,,shes not leaking any more.
Also went -1 in the front and up +2 in the rear,,,very nice!!
Also put speedohealer on it,,,now just trying to fine tune the healer to get accurate speeds!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are these problems only on 2007 models? Sounds like these new bikes have a few problems. I hope my 2006 won't get any problems like that..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts