Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howzit! just picked up a seat cowl for my '06 zx6r and installed it. But for some reason, the back of the cowl does not sit flush with the tail section and takes several attempts to lock the cowl...tried everything and has been bugging me! anyone have a suggestion for a newbie? thx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey guys...was able to figure it out by removing some of the rubber grommets and playing with the spacer washers. still can't believe how small the "trunk" is.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
haha, yeah the 10 was almost the same way. However the single undertail exhaust is what takes up all your 'trunk' space.

.....but if you want cargo space...drive a truck. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
came out to about $105. hawaii prices are a bit higher. heard that people were getting the same cowl for about $90. i got it from the local kawasaki dealer on maui. oh well...what can you do :)

G

·
Good riding in Hawaii??? Bet you get to keep the bike out a few months more than the Canadians here eh??? I've always heard that people go to Hawaii and rent scooters and rip around the island, can you do that with a real motorcycle, rent that is?
Drew~

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sure. you can rent both scooters and motorcylces...just harley's though. sorry guys, no pics of the finished product yet. will post as soon as i can.

·
Registered
159 Posts
just played with the washer or add a washer put more on one of the screws till its perfect i forgot how i did mine got mine like last year ..

·
Registered
151 Posts
the seat cowl won't sit exactly flush on the back. but it does or should have came with some washere to raise and lower the back end of it and that will be how to get it to connect easy with out having to push it down hard. but don't make it to loose or it'll kinda shake around

1 - 13 of 13 Posts