Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a V-System 3 weeks ago. Installed it alright. I love the system. Never again a bike without it.

I still have a question: I drove almost 1300 miles, I have 2 drops every minute, chain well oiled but… my can only 1/3 empty (2/3 full).
On the site I read that the can last for 800 to 1000 miles… It looks like a have very low oil consumption although the system works (seems to) alright.
Is there something wrong ?

Thanks for your answer.

·
27,825 Posts
Well just in my opinion, 2 drops per minute is too much. Is your chain throwing oil all over the place? Is oil on the tire or rim?
Be careful. because if you get the flow rate too high, and that shit gets on the rear tire, it will not be good!
I would guess that 1 drop per 3 minutes would be much closer to what you need, and that is just a guess!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well just in my opinion, 2 drops per minute is too much. Is your chain throwing oil all over the place? Is oil on the tire or rim?
Be careful. because if you get the flow rate too high, and that shit gets on the rear tire, it will not be good!
I would guess that 1 drop per 3 minutes would be much closer to what you need, and that is just a guess!
x2.

I have a Chaintec oiler and find 1 drop every 1 1/2 to 2 mins is just right for dry riding and increase to a max of 1 drop every 45 secs for riding in very wet weather. I recently made and fitted a dual feed nozzle which improves the oil distribution to both sides of the chain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems fine to me. No oil on the rim or tire. The chain looks dry but shiny.
2 drops / min seems really fine to me. I drive 100 miles a day with 20% in the city (several stops at traffic lights)

The oilage seems really fine but my concern is the low consumption....

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
They are probably being conservative, and/or that is a measurement for a system for another type of bike?

As long as the chain isn't accumulating a ton of crap and isn't rusting I would say it is staying well oiled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts