Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I know these bikes are highly valuable with a lot of unobtanium stuff, but I'd love to see them on the track at an AHRMA event, especially at Barber Vintage Fest.
Two years ago they had a bunch of the old WSB motorcycles out on track at Laguna Seca for an exhibition run. Sadly, this year is probably the last year for WSB at Laguna Seca. They are just not pulling enough people to justify it. It was a sad day when they pulled MotoGP from Laguna Seca, and WSB is probably next. The rumor is there will not be any WSB in the US next year.

It is tempting to run mine. I also wish we could see a bunch of these on track again. I started up the Crevier bike, so no reason not to crank this one over. I'll start harassing some people I know with other brands of Superbike. Barber makes the most sense, and will be much closer to me if I make the move I an planning to Texas.

·
Premium Member
13,019 Posts
Last time I went to Indy MotoGP, the crowd numbered 50,000. At Barber last year, there were over 70,000. AHRMA has a class for almost every non-current racebike. A delight last year was seeing several machines in the Phillip Island class, air-cooled factory GP-spec bikes with huge engines such as the Suzuki X69. Also, AHRMA has been chosen to represent the International Sidecar Racing Assn. There should be a bunch of those. Nearly 20 showed up at GingerMan, about half vintage and half GP-spec including 3 machines that had raced at the Isle of Man.

Barber would be perfect showcase for all you guys with restored Superbikes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
57X you have some really nice stuff man. I remember back in the days how bad I wanted one of those KLS quick shifters. That's a really nice piece you have there as well.

·
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
57X you have some really nice stuff man. I remember back in the days how bad I wanted one of those KLS quick shifters. That's a really nice piece you have there as well.
Thanks! I am very lucky. I'm not a racer. I'm a mid-pack B Group rider, but love building stuff. I had a few friends that set me up with this and I'm running with it. I'm enjoying the heck out of restoring this and the Crevier bike I finished last year.

·
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thanks! I am very lucky. I'm not a racer. I'm a mid-pack B Group rider, but love building stuff. I had a few friends that set me up with this and I'm running with it. I'm enjoying the heck out of restoring this and the Crevier bike I finished last year.
KLS was crazy expensive in the day, and so unreliable the teams had to add a kill switch to disable it if it wiggled out. We are so spoiled by inexpensive technology today, me included, as I run my H2 SX on the street, and my S1000RR and GSXR750 on the track with tons of features standard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Two years ago they had a bunch of the old WSB motorcycles out on track at Laguna Seca for an exhibition run. Sadly, this year is probably the last year for WSB at Laguna Seca. They are just not pulling enough people to justify it. It was a sad day when they pulled MotoGP from Laguna Seca, and WSB is probably next. The rumor is there will not be any WSB in the US next year.

It is tempting to run mine. I also wish we could see a bunch of these on track again. I started up the Crevier bike, so no reason not to crank this one over. I'll start harassing some people I know with other brands of Superbike. Barber makes the most sense, and will be much closer to me if I make the move I an planning to Texas.
I would like to see it happen as well. I bought one of Pete's bikes last year(the ex Steve Griggs bike) looking for lightweight rims to replace the 16.5" Marvics on it so I can stick some good rubber on it for a track session or two. Christian

·
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

I would like to see it happen as well. I bought one of Pete's bikes last year(the ex Steve Griggs bike) looking for lightweight rims to replace the 16.5" Marvics on it so I can stick some good rubber on it for a track session or two. Christian
I have a set of 17" Magnesium Marchesini 10 spokes if you want to make them fit. Let me know. Not period correct, but gets you out there.

·
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I'm getting ever so much closer. Just a few more spaces from the machinist. Then I move on to electrical.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts