Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a short list to start

Factory Superbike Frame
Factory Superbike Subframe
Factory Engine - Impossible to find. I got so lucky!
Major engine parts:
Factory M Head
Kit Valves, Springs and Retainers
Factory Altered Timing Order Crank
Factory Altered Timing Order Gear Driven Kit Cams
Kit Clutch
Total Loss
Factory Magnesium Engine Covers
Factory Cylinders
Factory Pistons
Factory Crank
Kit Long Rods
Kit B/C Transmission
Kit Oil Pump
Muzzy Ti Racing Exhaust (not what was sold to the street, really trick)
Alloy Superbike Fuel Tank (Russell's) and a Dual fill Superbike Fuel Tank (Picotte's)
Kit Radiator with hoses and tank
Ohlins FG9620 Magnesium Superbike Forks
Kit three Spoke Marchesini Wheels
Factory Ohlins Shock
Factory Swingarm, Adjusters and Quick Change Axles
Kit Rearsets
Kit Tach
Kit Temp Gauge
Factory Gauge Holder
Factory Upper Stay
AP Narrow Band Calipers and Rotors
Kit Harness with Ignitor and Kit coils
KLS QuickShifter

I'm sure there is more, but all I can think of off the top of my head. Here are a few pics:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ahh the mythical beast... Gear drive M. Nice plumbing, beautiful exhaust system. Looking forward this build!

·
RRRRRR
3,589 Posts
That stuff looks so familiar lol. It'll be a nice build. Lucky you got that pipe, I didn't see it by the door until I had bid on everything else. It's beautiful.

·
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Care package from UK in the mail. I can't wait.

I get my old Muzzy M frame back with lots of other toys, mostly spares, but still great!!

·
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have to love Christmas in February. More toys for this build. This is my old frame that has been a world traveler. I got it back, plus lots of other toys. I can't wait to start this build.

·
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I live on the west coast of the US. Years ago I was looking at a craigslist ad in Florida of an M model. Unassuming. Nothing special, other than listed as a plain 95 ZX7. I could see the M blocks (no such thing for a 95) and the frame looked like a race frame. No other tips on it. I asked for a few more pics and jumped in my truck to go buy this bike. To my surprise, it was a superbike modded M frame. VIN was hand stamped with too many digits. I contacted Muzzy years ago, sending pictures of the frame. Rob confirmed that it was one of his frames.

I accumulated many M race parts but nowhere near enough to make a true race bike.

I sold this frame, with lots of other race parts to a member of this board in Europe. He never quite finished it either.

Once I got home with all the toys listed at the beginning of this thread, not having a Superbike M (I did get a Superbike L frame, not sure why Muzzy would do that) I started my search for an M frame. To my luck the guy I sold my bike to was willing to let it go, plus other items I needed for my build.

·
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not much work done lately. I'm moving my shop to the barn at my place. I finally got everything in one place. I got some super nice magnesium bottom forks, Factory wheels and Factory wheel adjusters from a guy here on the forum. I'll use my spare Muzzy Gull Wing triples until I get lucky enough to find the correct Kosman triples. I'm still hunting gaskets to freshen my factory M engine. I need to pick up my factory swingarm soon. I'm itching to build this!

·
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It may be my favorite part so far. Just a work of art. It will be tough to cover it up with fairings

1 - 20 of 90 Posts