Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst touring europe i was amazed at the amount of salutes i recieved from fellow bikers, when returning to blighty i naturally continued saluting with our boring old head nod, what about the states do you guys(and gals) salute one another and if so how?

also do you salute all bikers, tourers, harley riders and scooters or do you just reserve it for sportsbike riders?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I ackowledge other riders passing by in the opposite direction (when it's safe to do so). Left hand off the bar extended in their direction is about it. I don't discriminate between types of bikes. Most acknoledge back (rearely Harley riders though for some reason) :lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
Whenever I'm on a two-way road I always give the other guy a quick low wave... :crazyloco not a regular salute no matter what he's riding. The exception to that is on divided highways and scooters. :gay We do have some crusty old Harley guys in the shipyard that won't wave to sportbikes. :headscratch

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
get the impression that har riders think there in a class of there own!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Almost always drop the left hand off the bar and hold out 2 fingers for oncoming riders. Everybody waves back, Harleys, everybody.

Around town and to riders going in the same direction, it's a head nod or a little wave.

Forget the scooters, :thefinger they haven't graduated up into our class yet.

·
Registered
649 Posts
the left hand low wave...... almost everyone waves back... except the "REAL" Harley dudes. I don't know what their problem is. :nana

·
Registered
151 Posts
the left hand low wave...... almost everyone waves back... except the "REAL" Harley dudes. I don't know what their problem is. :nana
Around here it's usually only the Harley guys that do it. It's the guys with sportbikes that just look at you funny.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The left hand wave is the nation wide sign of Hello.
Except for a good majority of H/D riders,true they believe their special.

·
Registered
82 Posts
usualy i did the left hand wave with a point to them or up high.a week ago some guy stood on his tank and waved at us passing by. that was cool,

·
Registered
236 Posts
I Wave Only When Waved At,what Ever

·
Registered
449 Posts
I get a mixed bag, about 3/4 of all riders wave no matter what they are on. Safe riding reminders are for all riders, I have run into the sportbike haters but they are the dummy's who think all hardley/drag specialty parts are still made in WI.

·
Registered
164 Posts
yeah, it's probably about 90% around here...the 10% are mostly cruisers....but hey, we're all on 2 wheels..I give everyone a chance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts