Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone. my wife has had a 7r for almost 2 years now. ive been on here a bunch of time fighting with the carbs, and i finally understand them better and got the bike straightened out. got to try it out a week ago and it was great, worked awesome. now ive had this bike for sale for the past few months and friday night we sold it. now i wasnt really upset to see it leave...but how it left was pretty heart breaking. 3 people from boston drove 6 hours to my house to get this bike. now if you put the 3 together they might have enough bike knowledge to tell the difference from a car and a harley. the one that bought it was an 80 lbs 4'11'' girl that has never rode a bike before. the only reason she wanted it was, it was pearl white and pink. now i already felt kinda bad that she was gonna reck the bike trying to ride it, but the sale had to go on. when it came time to load the bike up...we loaded it into a dodge caravan! thats not that bad part...ive seen it before and it can be done...the right way. now we had to tip the bike over a bit to clear the trunk lid. as we started to do this, the bottom fairing starts to hit the trunk latch...so i told everyone to stop before we damage it...the girls "boyfriend" say "fuck it it'll go just shove it in"...so be fore i could stop everyone else...the bike gets split open like a tin can. i the process of this it breaks both side fairings in roughly 8 places...broke the inner fairing broke the cooling fins from the oil pan...and dented the bottom of the exhaust. once the bike was inside the van...they treated it like a huffy..and just let it fall over. as much trouble i had with that bike...its hard to see it be treated like ah walmart shopping cart. but there is a bright side to it all, yesterday we picked up my wifes new bike. an 03 z1000 with 14k miles on it. all stock for $3300. dealer serviced it entire life. has new battleaxe tires...an undertail the solo seat and factory back seat. its the factory orange. we're ordering danmoto carbon slip ons and a pc3 tomorrow for it! i thought id share this with everyone!!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t70/mainer_cantshoot/Picture019.jpg

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Wow wht a bunch of dumb asses.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I just cried with you. Thats horrible!! That poor 7. They should hung by their toenails, and beating to death with wet noodles!!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I would have walked away with the pocket full of money, called him an ignorant dipshit, and told him just how much a new set of fairings costs (about 2500 bucks).

Then informed him that he just did more damage to the bike than it is worth.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
HA! I still would have whipped them with a wet noodle.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I hate selling anything, especially when you have to deal with idiots like this. I once actually sold a car for less money to a knowledgeable guy rather then a clueless dolt. Knowing it will go to a good home. I get really attached to my motorized items.

That's a hell of a bike for an 80 lb girl.:banghead

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Uhh, yeah. My gf is 5-3 and 110 lbs and absolutely cannot fit on a ZX7R. It simply does not work. She managed about 3 minutes of clutch practice while letting the bike idle. It simply is not safe or practical for a person that small, male or female, to be on a bike like a 7R.

There are other, much better options. And if the stupid asshole is going to trash the bike before she even rides it, they really should have looked for something they could paint the way she wants anyways.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Hard to read....

I sold my 5,600km 100% stock baby... got my money out of her... but the guy has decals all over it... took all the stock shit off... its horrible to see her now!! but its not mine anymore...

Atleast he made a deal, I get all the stock parts that he is taking off in trade of my modified parts I no longer need for my build

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Very sad.
I hate selling shit to strangers.
Sucks the bike was worked on for 2 years then ruined in 2 minutes.
Sorry man but at least they payed you first right?
You didn't help them load it did you? I never help anybody do anything once a deal has been struck and money has exchanged hands.....too easy to fall into a trap.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
dam... that bike is going to go through a few exchanges before finding a good home :( I owned a 92 zx11 and had several people offer to buy it, they all wanted to chop shop the hell out of it. I refused until this guy came from daytona with the intent to restore it. Sold it to him. he posted pics of the restoration then sold it for a 1000cc or so cbr. I miss that bike dearly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i get pretty attached to my rides...there my kids lol. i gave pointers on how to load it. i guess i should have helped more...it might have lasted a few more hours that way. i had a pretty hard time selling it as it was, knowing this girl was buying it. the bike was lowered 2 inches and she still couldnt touch. but i kept lying to myself sayin she was gonna be scared of it and sell it before it went down....

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
they always sell them after they have been down...

panic throttle it... ass over tea kettle then throw some different fairings on it and sell it as a "dropped in drive way"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts