Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 93 ninja last year by the end of the season. I got to ride it a few times, and i noticed when i rode it it would randomly die and then not want to start back up. The idle would slow and the it would die. It also happened when i tried to stop, like to get gas. When i would stop and shut off the bike, it wouldn't want to start back up. Would this be a dirty carburator? Or somethign else? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! tryin to get hte bike ready for this season

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
+1

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't sure if these were conditions of a clogged carburator. I will check into cleaning it. thanx so much

·
Registered
990 Posts
As well as carbs & filters also check your fuel tank is venting properly, vent pipes can get pinched or kinked & if it has a carb heater check the inline filter is clear. Carb heaters were fitted in regions where there was a possibility of carb icing due to climatic conditions. The UK is prone as we get high humidity & cold weather October to March, not sure what they did in the USA or if it is actually a factor. There is a fuel additive that helps but I can't remember the name of it at present.

If it's a venting prob a good check is to carry a spare key & when you feel it dying open the filler cap & it should pick up again. If it doesn't pick up look elsewhere for the cause.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts