Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my ZX12R 4 zx7r and some extras runs for about 15 miles 20 minutes or so and then dies jump jump the battery it starts yesterday choked it is starting I put a battery tender on it 10 minutes fully charged no stator been confined no information about replacement generator any help would be deeply appreciated just a shade tree mechanic

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where should I check it the red and black plug wires and what should it read as far as voltage

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
12.9 before starting bike idled at 3500 4000 RPMs not idled but running a 3500 4000 RPMs charges to 14.7 when I go for a ride it dies now within a mile seems to me either air or a gas problem cuz I can continue to turn the bike over but won't start some tobacco Park tomorrow has new fuel filter and new fuel pump and just start with a fuel and air any suggestions thank you for your time and concern

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Sounds to me like a fuel supply issue. You need to check the fuel system from beginning to end. Start at the tank. Tank clean? Fresh fuel? Petcock working? Fuel lines clear? Filter clear? Pump working? Carbs filling?
Once this all checks out, you will need to thoroughly clean the carbs and reset everything to stock settings. Verify that the float valves are not leaking but are allowing proper fuel flow.
Does it start up cold easily?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes start up cold very easy
  • I'm finishing my coffee now and going through fuel system I did run out of gas before this all happened rode the bike 126 hard fast miles ran great day for a day went to run errands and ran out of gas filled it up and been having stalling problem since

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Maybe when you ran out of gas, one of the floats got stuck or jammed. Just something to check once you get down that far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bike is fixed the Jets were clogged one float was sticking and one of the springs for the vacuum was bent surprised it was even running now I have a large crank sound when I go to turn it over like the starter is going bad just sold my ZX12R because it was problem at the problem got this hopefully this is the last of it new starter but bike is up and running the starter crank noise only happened twice but scary enough

1 - 10 of 10 Posts