Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it common for a 12 to run in the upper limits of the temp guage when in town? I notice that if I am riding in town going slow, the temp runs up and the fan kicks on. Its not that hot here yet and I can't imagine whats going to happen when its 105 degrees out. I usually get it out of traffic and take it down a side road to cool it down, but what happens if I am unable to do that?

·
Registered
990 Posts
If the bike is older it is worth checking the radiator fins for bugs & crud that could affect it's efficiency

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
He's got an 05' 12R if I remember correctly.

·
registered member
523 Posts
1}Muzzy Fans
2}Water Wetter
3}1 Quart of Anti Freeze
4} Distilled Water
5}Make sure you burp system, and while filling the rad try not to let it over flow, thats when it sucks in alot of air!!

·
registered member
523 Posts
Not really...

some folks have issues others dont... just one of those things i guess...

i have never had problems... b4 i done the above..

I did it when i went to daytona Bike week.. stuck in all that traffic with all that heat,,, dont care what type of bike you ride it will get hot..

I soon as i get in traffic i flip the switch and turn on fans!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put a manual fan switch on mine after the temp sensor went out. I've got a new sensor to put on, but 9 months later, its still not on......... :rolleyes

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like i need some muzzy fans and whatnot. My 02 does the same thing. manual fan switch sounds like a great idea

1 - 12 of 12 Posts