Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I just traded my supermoto for an 03 zx6r 636. The body and everything is in great shape and the engine seems to run fine, doesn't stumble at all through the rpm range or idle rough. My only concern is that when I rev it up fast, like sitting in neutral, there is some smoke coming out of the tail pipe, it also smells like it's running rich. This is of course when the bike is warmed up, not cold.

This is my first sport bike so I don't know what is normal and what isn't. I'm in the process of getting a service manual for it but for now I've got some questions.

I checked the oil via the transmission case on the right side of the bike. The oil looked like it was a bit milky, but I couldn't tell wether it was just some moisture in the oil or if it was infact coolant. How do I accuratly check the oil, just through the sight glass on the right side, should the bike be running? hot? cold? And what oil does the bike take should I need to add some?

The guy who sold it to me said it had a power commander on it, where does that plug in? Like where would I be able to see it on the bike?

Might as well ask this while I'm starting a thread, but does anyone have a service manual they could email me?

Thanks for you help guys, Bill.

Might as well post a picture of my bike after all this talk about it. . .

·
Registered
683 Posts
You might as well drain the oil and start over with a new filter and new oil. I use Golden Spectro, but any quality synthetic is also good. Who knows how long that sludge has been in there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I plan to do that shortly. I'm going to give it a tune up as well. Clean out the throttle body check the plugs and all that good stuff. Do you need to do an injector flush like you would in a car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The power commander should be in the compartment in the tail. if its a dynojet you can get the software to connect it to a laptop online just google "power commander" It can be linked to your computer via USB cable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts