Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Wanted To Kno If It Would Cause Damage To My Bike If I Ran It With The Exhaust Off Of It Or If I Lose Hp And/or Torque?

·
Premium Member
4,326 Posts
yes to the last two, as for damage .... I'm not so sure but one thing for sure, it would be loud as feck

·
Registered
92 Posts
Running with no back pressure at all could cause a serious lean condition which might result in a melted piston. Hearing loss is guaranteed:angry

·
Registered
36 Posts
smileyman said:
Running with no back pressure at all could cause a serious lean condition which might result in a melted piston. Hearing loss is guaranteed:angry
Yep! unless u wanna shoo away ur neighbour!:rant

actually, i hav tried somethin similar.. but i just loosened the exhaust bolt a lil and played arnd with the Butterfly nob thinge..and now i get a diff sound altogether.. after 6000 RPm my bike gives a TEARIN sound and trust me that's LOUD!!:scared

·
Registered
161 Posts
running with no exhaust will not help your performance, and will also cause a cold rush of air into the head each time you turn the bike off resulting in a warped head and bent valves.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If you run your motorcycle for any extended periods of times without an exhaust, your going to mess up your valves. It's not good for them.

Remember, back pressure is your friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts