Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a new owner and love my 93 P3 zx7 - it has done 20k miles and is great condition but around town it is very grumpy, from a standing start I have to rev it hard or it stalls and it is very slow away having to have lots of clutch, the power seems to die quickly when you pull in the cluthch and its grumbling at tick over - ideas??

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Need to know a few things, first: Stock or aftermarket exhaust? Jet kit installed (and did you install it)? Did you do any fiddling with the carbs after you bought it? Is there an ignition advancer in it? Post the answer to these and we'll go from there....

DW

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sounds like it might not be running on all 4 cylinders. Try putting a new set of ngk plugs in it. They're pretty cheap and even if it doesn't fix your problem atleast you'll have a new set of plugs.
T

·
Registered
7 Posts
yup

I know this is an old thread, but if you're there, did you ever get this sorted? I have kind of similar symptoms on my zx7r, though i would say mine is more like a blubber from being too rich and I only notice it's only when the bike is hot. Kind of blubbers. I've read a few people on here have jetting woes. My bike has akrapovic full race exhaust, I'm not sure what else.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Chello, get your carbs opened, cleaned and balanced and the problem should go away.

Its most likely burning too rich or too lean, i forget which causes this problem when the bike is hot

·
Registered
436 Posts
i have a 92 zx7 that has full d&d stage 1 jet kit aftermarket ignition advancer and i also have started to have this problem i am at 15000 miles and i think it may also be the valves. does that sound about right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like you need to do a compression check. I paid 28.00 usd for mine. Glad I paid that and not 65.00/hr usd to find out!
Clean out the carbs. Did that too. Cylinder #1 carb was gummed up. Must have fried the piston.
New plugs like everyone is saying.
I bought a complete motor off ebay only to find out that cylinder #1 has 60 lbs compression. Thus why it would not start.
CHeck the manual for the interval where the values need to be adjusted. That is going to be my next step as well.
Keep up posted.
-Frank

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks Bro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts