Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In any way, I do NOT condone this kind of riding but on this particular evening I was optioned out. A friend of mine did not like riding in the dark so I volunteered to ride it for her, an 01 gixxer 600. All was well, I filled it up and proceeded to the interstate. A car in front of me was cut off by another car and viciously slammed on his brakes so this is what happened..... I downshifted to 4th got in the right lane and put the petal to the metal so to speak. I got in the left lane and guess who I see, the good ol' boys of the state parked in the median. I looked down and I was going about a buck 10, passed him and kept looking back to see if he was coming and he wasnt so I got over in the middle lane and was looking for the next exit off. No later than I thought of my plan, another cop came out of the median punchin it and from there I did not look back. I gassed it for about another 3 miles never looking back, got off the second exit I saw and parked behind a gas station where I called my buddy with a truck and trailer. While waiting I heard the bird flying around and police lights going by on the interstate but they did not find me. My buddy and I loaded it up and dropped it off at the girls house. Needless to say it was VERY dumb and if my license in Virginia wasnt suspended for an 85 dollar reinstatement fee I would have pulled over. As I look back now know that I was going to jail if caught BUT was it all worth almost killing myself for a ticket and possible jail time? Not at all. I am writing this not as bragging rights but as a lesson for everyone to learn from my mistakes. Thank you for listening.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
....and who's the dumbass for 'volunteering' to ride someone's bike with a suspended license? As you can see, you came perilously close to a wreck, and had you damaged the bike, and banged yourself up (or worse) I would venture to say that neither your insurance (assuming you had any) nor hers (assuming she had any) would have had any reason to pay for the loss to the bike or the injuries. And just so we're clear, it matters not why your license was suspended, it was suspended just the same.

DW

·
Registered
649 Posts
I got pulled over once when i didn't have a motorcycle endorsement on my license and they were ready to tow my bike. Luckily the cop was cool and said if I called a friend to ride it home that he would wait around. I feel like I owe the cop a beer... LOL!!!!!!!!!! and my buddy a 12 pak!!!!!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
let he who is without sin cast the first stone ... theres 2 ways to look at it. I've been flying down the highway and flew past 'the man' at 140+. At that point I just keep it open and go. If I did see him (or his partners) down the road I'd just say that I never saw anything. Admit to speeding but deny fleeing (after all, I didn't flee, I never saw anything). On the other hand, I once raced my brother past the cops sitting in a gas station. I saw the lights in my rear view and we both pulled over. When the man came flying up and saw us waiting for him on the side of the road, he pulled over and was amazed that we were there waiting for him. He told me " damn, I thought you were long gone! I didn't think you were gonna pull over and wait for me!" I told him " hey I'd rather get a ticket than get killed running from the law". The copper was mind blown. He says " hey kid, you got the right idea, don't worry, I'm not gonna right you a mover, I'm just gonna right an equipment violation and you'll be on your way." So me and my bro are sitting there on the side of the road. The copper comes back with a ticket that says "equipment violation: no headlight." I'm like "no headlight? its 4 in the morning and my headlight is working just fine." He says "hey kid, its not a moving violation, its just a $50 fine. just pay the fine and nothing against your license." So I guess I did the right thing. I pulled over and the man gave me a break. But you never know.
T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts