Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am running 190 size pirelli diablo strada

I had a 200 on my bike and put the 190 on it and its night and day for cornering and I also have to say that its a tad cheaper also...I decided to use the strada for more mileage and have found when running one on my zrx1100 that I liked the feel and the grip of them. I put it on the 12r with reservations but they were unfounded.... the work great. If you need to read a article about them go to

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=23&TID=20256

check it out....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just switched to the Michelin PP 190 and love it. Like Dragon said, makes cornering much better. I thought it handled good with the 200, but the 190 is awesome :evil . Trust me you'll love it if you like riding the twisty stuff.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What's the biggest difference, in how quickly you can go from turning one way to another?
I've had a lot of people tell me that the turn in is quicker when you put on a 190, but I've never noticed the difference. And being in Germany there's twisty bits all over the place. I think racers can tell the difference because it's a different enviroment on the track, but on the street I'm not so sure. Keep in mind there's nothing wrong with going to a 190, but on the street i don't think you'll be that much faster.

Same as with going from a 530 chain to a 520, for less weight. On a big bore bike like the K-12, it just eats the chain.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I don't notice much difference, I'll go back to the 200 just for the extra rubber. I really like to run fast through twistys to a certain extent. This bike's no 600 so there's some give and take I guess :D

I'm going to do some research and trial & error with my suspension settings once it warms up a bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The biggest difference for me was the ability to get a quicker and better lean angle (felt like it was trying to dive in the corner). I went through 2 sets of the 200's but as soon as I switched to the 190 I immediately noticed the difference. Where I live I rarely see an interstate, it's all twistys, and the 190 feels much better. Don't think I'll ever go back to the 200. Not much of a difference as far as the look either. You won't miss the 10mm form the rear view.
Just my .02

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went from a dunlop 200 width to a diablo 190. I'm sure the 200 was getting shotty, it was just passed the wear strips. However, it's like a night and day difference in how well this bike handles corners now. Much, much faster!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts