Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should the rotor buttons on a zx7r be able to spin by hand? and if not what have you used to clean them out?

i tried the old tightened bolt and brake cleaner routine but they are still tight as hell and my brakes seem to rub a bit. worried i have a set of warped discs on my hands.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
rotor button? not sure what you mean..

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Depends on the rotor in my experience. Some are fairly loose and others are tight. Some are so loose you'll hear them rattle some at low speeds.

It would take a ton of grime to bind up a rotor that should be loose.

You'll know if you have warped rotors if the brake lever is pretty violent with hard braking.

Josh

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rotor buttons are the "holes" that your rotor floats on.

so the 7r isn't a full floating then and i shouldnt be able to move the disc back and forth correct? gonna have hold something next tot he rotor to see if it's warped. i get a but of feedback but nothing too crazy. just doesn't bite like it used to and the pads are only a year old.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Take an orbital sander to the rotors with something around 320 grit. I wouldn't go less than something around 220 grit if the rotors are super glazed.

Works wonders.

They are floating rotors, but aren't going to be sloppy and loose like some aftermarket rotors can be.

Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts