Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends Steve and Lesah are living in Italy, and they messaged me this morning asking me to guess who's car they saw when they were snowboarding.

I immediatedly responded, "Valentino Rossi?"

Steve said, "Wow, you're right!"

They were at the bottom of the hill of Madonna di Campiglio about 20min from where they were staying in Pinzolo. Rossi was apparently in town because of a MotoGP press conference and was taking some time off to snowboard/ski.

They waited for an hour at the car to see if they could get an autograph for me, but he never showed up. The parking attendant told them that it was, in fact, Rossi's car. They took a pciture for me...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Would Vale have kept the Honda sticker on the car. I can't see it :headscratch

The profile of the shadow on the right looks scarily like Mike Hailwood. Was Mike the Bike's ghost there as well :scared

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the story is legit, it is first hand from my friends.. the only thing is whether or not the parking attendant was lying to my friends. seems like a kinda cruel thing to do being as they waited ouside in the cold hoping to get a signature for me.

are italians cruel?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Rossi has a cruel wit e.g. sweeping the grid after the Qatar episode.

The Italians keep tempting me with all kinds of exotic bikes when I can't afford which I think is cruel.

·
Registered
266 Posts
No offense to Ford Focus Wagon drivers out there, but Rossi is an Italian right? And Italians above almost all other folks have style. I mean, it's part of their national identity. Their clothes. Their shoes. Their cars. Their bikes. Their people. I can't see pretty much the top racer (and an italian) with money to boot and one with personal flare driving a Ford Focus... and a wagon no less.

I think the attendant jerked your friends around, imho. Cruel world I tell you. =)

/.02

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
moto u forgot the girls

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
79 Posts
When Rossi plays with four wheels instead of two, he is found running a Ford Focus WRC car. With his selling power, Ford may give him cars to drive around for free.

·
Registered
266 Posts
When Rossi plays with four wheels instead of two, he is found running a Ford Focus WRC car. With his selling power, Ford may give him cars to drive around for free.
A Cosworth, okay I'll buy that. Those are monster bad ass cars.

But that picture looks like a bland plain old Focus to me and not a WRC. The WRC's have big spoilers and fancy paint schemes. And look at the exhaust; it's plain jane stock. And the Honda sticker? No way, he probably (certainly) has an exlusivity contract with Yamaha to be seen NO WHERE near any other manufacturer's of other motorcycles while riding and contracted with Yami... especially the manufacturer of his chief rival from '06 who took his #1 sword!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts