Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one here with experience in installing clip-on risers on the new ZX-10R (2011-2012)?? I'm looking for a 2" rise to relieve some of the pressure from my wrist... appreciate all your comments ^_^

·
Registered
32 Posts
2" will require new brake lines probably and may not clear the fairings. I bought an Aprilia RSVR Factory a number of years ago that had risers installed on it and I thought it screwed up the handling too much. I pulled them off, sold them and installed the factory bars back on.

If you need 2" up, maybe you bought the wrong bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2" will require new brake lines probably and may not clear the fairings. I bought an Aprilia RSVR Factory a number of years ago that had risers installed on it and I thought it screwed up the handling too much. I pulled them off, sold them and installed the factory bars back on.

If you need 2" up, maybe you bought the wrong bike?
Thanks bro for the comment. I'm just exploring my option if any exists. Thanks again

·
Registered
82 Posts
Any one here with experience in installing clip-on risers on the new ZX-10R (2011-2012)?? I'm looking for a 2" rise to relieve some of the pressure from my wrist... appreciate all your comments ^_^
I hate to say this, but if you can't ride it the way it was meant to be, maybe you want to consider another bike?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Glad you mentioned that, clark. I believe CrazyNinja installed something like those on his Gen. 4 but IDK if he's around here any more or not to confirm that.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Convertibars with vibration killer kit and 4" longer front brake line works great

·
Registered
1 Posts
Handlebar risers are OK. The ZX-10R is for you.

I hate to say this, but if you can't ride it the way it was meant to be, maybe you want to consider another bike?
This is not a one size fits all world. To expect a bike to fit all riders from 5' 5" to 6' 2" is ludicrous (That's why car seats adjust and steering wheels raise and lower, and golf clubs come in different sizes). A bike is designed for a "nominal" person's dimensions. After that we have to adjust rear sets and handlebar height for those of us (6' 1" 250 lb in my case) who are outliers on the ergonomics curve.

The ZX-10R is the bike for you.....with a few adjustments.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Helibars install without problems. You will have to call as far availability for your bike. Or email.
http://www.helibars.com/
Make *Kawasaki

Model *ZX10r

Error message An illegal choice has been detected. Please contact the site administrator.

Hum maybe not.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
6'2" here and there's no way I'd ever need risers. If your wrists are hurting, you're putting too much weight on the handlebars pure and simple.

I know lots of guys 6' - 6'4" and the gen4 fits like a glove.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts