Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Is it just me or are the rims a real pain to clean sometimes. I find myself sitting by the bike with a bottle of wheel cleaner a wet rag and a dry rag. :crazyloco I'll clean the rim with the cleaner wipe it down with the wet rag and then dry it off. about 1/2 an hour or so for the rear rim. mainly all of the grime from the chain. the front one is the easy one about 5 min if that. It looks great in the end though so its probably worth it.:mfclap

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use Plexus once a week on the wheels...........I lube the chain then lightly wipe the outside with WD40 so it doesn't spray so much....I need to get a dry lube

·
Registered
24 Posts
I no longer clean mine since I've wreacked it lasat week. the only thing that was damaged where the rims. ran over a 4X4 that fell off of someones truck in the highway when I was doing about 80mph at about 8:30 at night. what a pain. now its time for the upgrades that I was putting off.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I use Plexus once a week on the wheels...........I lube the chain then lightly wipe the outside with WD40 so it doesn't spray so much....I need to get a dry lube
is there any reason why you use plexus on your wheels?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dude, i know this has nothing to do with the wheel cleaning but two weeks ago i was taling a turn and the same thing happend to me, a 4x4 felt off a truck and it came flying towards my ways, since i was leaning because of the turn i knew for sure that i was ganna go down, some how... my bike went over the 4x4 and i didnt go down...
I got to admit, i got angels watching my back... cuz till this day i still dont understand what happend there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dude, i know this has nothing to do with the wheel cleaning but two weeks ago i was taling a turn and the same thing happend to me, a 4x4 felt off a truck and it came flying towards my ways, since i was leaning because of the turn i knew for sure that i was ganna go down, some how... my bike went over the 4x4 and i didnt go down...
I got to admit, i got angels watching my back... cuz till this day i still dont understand what happend there.
wow, DONT EVER SELL that bike

·
Registered
683 Posts
Motorcycle can get over some obstacles that you wouldn't think were possible. A few years back a muffler fell off and came right at me. I was going straight thankfully but I managed to go right over it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Motorcycle can get over some obstacles that you wouldn't think were possible. A few years back a muffler fell off and came right at me. I was going straight thankfully but I managed to go right over it.
i remember in my motorcycle license class we had to drive over a 2x4 at 10mph. Which was nothing.

I just realized that he said 4x4. When i read a 4x4 feel off a truck for some reason i was thinking ATV and was amased you could drive over that. Still as good as it is, I obviously was seriously off. I dont think driving over an atv would be possible since its bigger than my bike

my bad :banghead

·
Registered
144 Posts
A friend of mine rode over a mattress that had fallen off a truck on the interstate at 70 mph. He body checked one of the cars in the neighboring lanes but didn't go down. He started wearing his helmet 24/7 after that. He was on an R6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts