Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New to this forum,allready learnt a lot from You.

Looking for rim-replacement on my zx11 c3 92,don't like the purple colour. Will any of the other models fit??

Also want to remove a Yoshimura and put on originial system.Bought a full system from a wreck-yard,actually brand new,never been on a bike before.Was told it was for a -92 model,but turned out to be more like 95 or 96,according to part no.on the box. Have seen from other thread here that this will be no problem,but do I need to do anything with the carbs when i replace it?? Have no idea what previous owner did/if anything when he put on theYoshi.How would I find out?:rolleyes

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
OEM wheels from any ZX-11C/ZZR1100C is a bolt-on on your C model.

And installing an OEM ZZR1100D exhaust on your C model is also a bolt-on swap with no re-jetting needed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was not sure what the previos owner of my D9 had done to the jetting when he put a Muzzy pipe on. I installed a complete OEM ZZR1200 exhaust on my ZX-11 today and the end result is a lot better running bike. Just do it and then tune to the stock exhaust configuration. Make sure that you replace the copper exhaust gaskets as well. It will save a lot of aggravation.
Jay

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You,guy's.

Sure will replace old gaskets. BTW,is it supposed to be a sort of gasket between LH and RH muffler as well,or is it only clamped together??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exhaust

My NEW exhaust system is giving me doubt,when looking at the 4 downpipes,they are not completly aligned,if you know what I mean. Will need some handpower to force it in place,when I put it on my bike.
Also one of the flanges seems a little "twisted",how much of that will the gasket be able to handle??

Is above mentioned normal to a new system?? Can not find any external scratches on the pipes that could indicate "rough" handling/storing.

Complained to the seller about this,but he assured me it would be no problem(like most sellers would)

Any comments on this from cyberspace would be appreciated,before I tear off my Yoshi.:eek:hno

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
...Is above mentioned normal to a new system?? Can not find any external scratches on the pipes that could indicate "rough" handling/storing...
Unfortunately, I already read such stories about after-market exhaust systems. Never about OEM though. I suppose some tube bending will be needed. Maybe get some help from a car muffler shop (for tube bending)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You,Claude

Maybe I should do that,try to bend them into right pos.Guess it must be heated to do that.
It is not very much,as I said before,some "hand-force" will probably do to get it on,my biggest worry is the flange that is a little twisted,if the gasket will keep tight.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I don't think the twisted flange will affect tightness. The gasket is compressed between cylinderhead and the end of the pipe itself. The flange only apply some pressure in the set-up. I could be wrong (of course...) but I would not really worry about this.

As for bending the pipes by hand, well, good luck. I had the same problem years ago with a Vance & Hines collector and the only effect of hand prying it have been some curse words flying around (after all those years, I still wonder where they were coming from...
). Anyway, I had to bring it to a car muffler shop for a slight bending session. Of course, try it by hand first; maybe you're way stronger... erm, I mean, maybe the Yosh tubing are way thinner than V&H's...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts