Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Rim Stripes

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Jaxper 
#1 · (Edited)
Question, to use Rim Stripes, or not to use Rim Stripes. Opinions?

Neil

See less See more
#2 ·
Rim stripes look cool on certain bikes but I'm not sure the ones you have pictured match your paint well enough imho. Sometimes I use a different color on purpose to add a splash of color like my 900rr has black time with red stripes witch works because the rear shock spring is red .

#3 ·
I feel that the non metallic aspect of the stripes is what is not blending - ie a flat vs a glossy "flaked" green. Perhaps shiny gold,chrome or copper ones might be better (check flea bay) - BUT - the green is still WAY better than the plain black. Black just looks "not there" or dirty IMHO. The stripes give some sparkle. Keep the green for now, and see how you feel about changing color in a month. I am known for pimping my bikes though! LOL

#4 ·
I like mine with rim tape. The color of the tape appears a 100% match in real life, better than in pictures. The tape is Honda green, I don't remember what year but it's recent, like 2009. Kawasaki Green is not a good match for the '09 ZX.

Edit: I just realized you have a 2012, not the same green as '09

#5 · (Edited)
i like rimstripes vs. none in almost all cases.
they MUST BE installed correctly (not wiggly circles)

I like the thinner stripes...3mm.
They are not as common. A bright stripe is better. They all dim just a little after a couple months. tapeworks.com has just about any color/texture stripe you might want. They will do custom for you also. Just ask them. They'll charge a little premiium, but one expects that for custom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.