Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way this can be done?

Story of what happened to hand: Cutting cabbage in half for food hand slipped and knife gouged the meaty part of the hand by the thumb. Lost all squeezing ability.

I don't want to miss this beautiful weather and I JUST got my bike out. :[ Help

P.S. Don't want air shifter, takes the fun outta riding if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I am sure that all you have to do is find a set of controls that can accept a cable on the brake side, likely off an older bike. What do you plan to do about the front brake?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure i gotta think something up my buddie suggested this, " unscrewed the on/off switch assembly n zip tied it to the upper triple tree by the ignition and put the clutch lever in its place" Doc said it would be a few months till i have some strength back in the hand. Im not willing to wait that long.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
You also need to realize that now you have to feather the clutch AND operate the throttle with the same hand. I doubt you can do that effectively. There is a reason the clutch is on the left to begin with.

And an air shifter wouldn't matter anyways, because you basically need the clutch to get moving and after that you can get away without using it at all. Plus air shifters really are supposed to only function at WOT.

Methinks you are just SOL. Keep your hand out of the path of the knife, thats basic boy scouts xD

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i was just thinking that. Im starting to get movement back into my thumb so hopefully it wount take very long to heal.

My buddies in town from the air force and he loves riding. I might trade him my bike for his car while hes on leave :] He has a 2011 Mustang GT

·
11,782 Posts
I've heard of a few guys swapping their rear brake for their clutch. Usually, only on bikes with hydraulic clutches but, I'm sure there's a way to do it if you're really hurting to ride.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Put your girlfriend on the back and tell her to reach up and work the clutch for you. BAM, problem solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts