Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just went for a two hour ride with the missus for the first time and she was a bit confused of where to hang on to? she ended up just grabbing the sides of my jackets i said the stap on the seat but she wasnt too keen on that idea. just wondering what you guys do?

·
Registered
275 Posts
i went for a 3 hour ride and i just had her put her arms around me. And let me tell you, when i got back I could barely move I was so sore.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I put a seat cowl on mine before bringing it home from the dealership and have not had an issue with 2-up riding :thefinger

·
Registered
264 Posts
I always get my gf to hold low on the waist and grip my jacket. When we brake (especially downhill) she switches off and uses the seat handle. Her feet are always on the foot pegs, she leans with me trying to keep her helmet in line with mine at all times, doesn't get on or off the bike until I node my head. When I have her on back I really adjust my driving habits, granny shifting, early braking, and no jack rabbit starts helps her enjoy it a bit more too.

·
Registered
488 Posts
i tell the wifey to put he amrs around me some time she just place her hands on the tank she dont like the strap but she tends to use it once in a while

·
Registered
649 Posts
The strap is worthless... my girl puts her arms around me and when i brake she pushes against the gas tank. We don't do a whole lot of 2 up so I couldn't speak about hours.... I couldn't imagine the rear seat being very comfortable. Hopefully she will have a bike again next season!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
i tell the wifey to put he amrs around me some time she just place her hands on the tank she dont like the strap but she tends to use it once in a while
+1 The hands on the tank are the best for comming to a stop. Dont know about the newer ninjas but on the 05 636 the tail rakes up a bit so when you come to a stop 2 up she slides into you pushing your balls into the tank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put a seat cowl on mine before bringing it home from the dealership and have not had an issue with 2-up riding :thefinger
hahaha when i told her i was thinking of getting one i got a look of disgust and "well where am i going to sit"

but ill definately be trying the hands on the fuel tank cause braking was a big problem aswell

·
Registered
75 Posts
hands on the tank until acceleration then its around the body. balancing is a lot easier at low speeds with her hands on the tank

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
+1, i like them to keep their hands on my shoulders

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ya, hands on the tank during braking n slowing n what not, but during acceleraction n stuff i jus tell her to grab my lower waist right above my thighs n lean forward. while were going at a steady speed she can relax a little. I tell her to look which ever way i turn because its kinda natural instinct to lean wherever your looking. We have little signals like ill nod my head to the left if im turning left n lean back a little before i stop n such.

·
Registered
87 Posts
problem with them is the rider is still gonna get pushed into the tank under braking, also if the belt isnt real tight its gonna be pullin and slidin all over the show! i havent gone pillion with them but my mrs went pillion an my mate had those handles and she hated it!!

when shes gone on the back of my 07 she has one hand round my waist and one hand on the plastic heat cover on the exhaust:lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
how is it riding with a passenger? more aggravating than difficult?? and how long would you suggest a brand newbie to wait until he considers riding a passenger?

·
Registered
317 Posts
riding with a passenger makes everything different. turnig is harder and so does the braking.
imo...as long as you're comfortable with the bike yourself, you will be fine carrying a passenger. if it's their first time i just take them down the street to see how they like it and go slow from there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Make sure you got the basics down pat by yourself first. Adding another 120 pounds on the back really throws off the center of gravity. Slow turns are tuff and you really need to know how to use the clutch and throttle to stay vertical.

I personally love bringing a chick on the back. Always keep the revs up around 8K for a wet passenger seat:crazyloco

·
Registered
87 Posts
take it very easy in first couple of gears, ended up pulling a couple of massive wheelies giving it a bit too much throttle with a pillion myself:scared and give your self plenty of room for braking in the wet

·
Registered
432 Posts
Now you know why I have four Kaws. Even though my fiance' is just 5' tall, weighs 95 pounds and wears a size 'zero', I'll only let her ride pillion on the ZZ-R1200 or ZG-1100GTR. It's way too uncomfortable [ for me]..and a bit dangerous too, I think..on either the 9R or Z1000. I can't imagine how much a 6R is affected by adding another 100 pounds to it's rear...it has to be un-nerving at best. I mean, what does a 6R weigh anyway? Something less than 400 pounds all up, I'd bet..

·
Registered
56 Posts
ya my chic just holds on to me but on long rides she tends to lean on my and that puts a number on my wrists agreed mega sore!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Even though my fiance' is just 5' tall, weighs 95 pounds and wears a size 'zero', I'll only let her...
i like how he has to describe "his fiance" in detail... he can't just say she's tiny or small, he has to tell you her measurements. i'm surprised he didn't throw in her bust size. i really am.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts