Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello…

Not "Bluetooth" handsfree. Handsfree, handsfree.

On occasion, I have ridden for 10-30 seconds with my Throttlemeister holding the grip around 60-70 mph with my hands on the tank or hovering a panic distance away from the handlebars with the stock tires.

But, since I've installed the Michelin Pilot Road 3's, the ride is so smooth, yesterday, I did a 7 mile stretch on a smooth, straight highway, handsfree, using only my hips and shoulders to steer, with an occasional tap on the bar to completely get back on track.

The 14 is the first bike (besides my '71 BMW R60/S) and the 3's is my first set of tires that I have been able to pull up to a light or a stop and hold my balance for a decent amount of time at a complete stop before moving on.

Great bike, great tires. Anyone else give it a go? :eek:hno

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've been known to lean back on my tail bag with feet up on sliders and throttlemeister locked going down I80 in route to Sturgis for several miles. My buddy hates it when I do it because he doesn't have a throttle lock on his Busa.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Add a steering stabilizer and you can go for miles worry free... :crazyloco

·
Premium Member
13,202 Posts
Most of the roads around here have way too much drainage crown in the center to be able to pull that off.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I use to do that a lot but I haven't had a throttle lock in years .

·
Registered
505 Posts
i have a harley cvo with crusie control and i have ridden for over a mile on the expressway hands free.i steer with my legs and leaning one way or another.no big deal.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Which one do you recommend?
I have a GPR. No issues and easy to install and adjust on the fly. And despite what GPR states the mounting bracket for the 2006-2011 WILL fit on the 2012's.

If you drag race a lot and strap the front you may want to go with the Olins shock style stabilizer as there is more clearance for the strap.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Look, Ma! No hands!
Look, Ma! No feet!
Look, Ma! No teeth......

DW

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Being able to take your hands off the bars would be a massive relief for me.

Either that or buying a ninja 1k

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Well you can always find a sugar daddy to ride bitch with and never have to worry about them pesky bars again.

·
16,062 Posts
I dunno, I think riding with no hands could come in handy.........
HA! Get it?!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts