Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a discussion down in the ZX-14 board, but it probably makes more sense to bring it to the general board (sorry, new to the forum). Anyway, I am trying to find out about gear. As I get older I find myself more aware of my mortality and the injuries going down will cause to my body. So, I want to acquire solid gear.

I started doing some research and custom suits sure look nice but the price is WAY up there. Like $2k+ (i.e. Vanson Leathers). And, I am leaning towards a two-piece suit for multiple reasons. Right now, I'm thinking about the following three suits ATM (each are hyperlinked):

1. AGV Sport Mirage 2pc; or
2. AlpineStars Stage 2 pc; or
3. Joe Rocket GPX Type R 2 pc.

Each in the solid black model (like my bike, and helmet). I'm leaning towards the AlpineStars because it's perforated and I live in Las Vegas. Anyone have any thoughts on brand? Durability? Safety? Personal Experience with any of the above? Thanks.

PS

Picked up some boots the other day (also hyperlinked -> Setup Vision). I wore them all day yesterday and they seem like a nice balance of price, comfort and protection. Worked well on the bike and also were okay going into and out of stores and walking around.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Sidi

Welcome JM

Had some Sidi boots. They were incredibly comfortable on the bike & walking BUT they were supposed to be waterproof & leaked in heavy rain. Swapped twice coz of this, in the end exchanged for another make.

I guess waterproof is not a real need where you are.

Can't help with the other stuff........

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
AP's I like the quality for the cost................. otherwise go custom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts