Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just would like to wish everyone safe riding today and everyday!!

There were 4 deadly accidents yesterday up here, one which claimed a old and dear friend of mine.
although I have yet to meet any of you, I always have a heavy heart when I hear of a fellow biker lost.

This is just a post of me wishing you all well and happy riding, In what ever fashion, and or style of riding you do.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
My condolences for your loss. Also watch for cops (5O). Saw a lot on my way to Illinois.

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r)

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I think that a biker hearing about a biker dying is like a soldier hearing about a soldier dying. Whether we knew them personally or not it always weighs on out hearts.

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Just would like to wish everyone safe riding today and everyday!!

There were 4 deadly accidents yesterday up here, one which claimed a old and dear friend of mine.
although I have yet to meet any of you, I always have a heavy heart when I hear of a fellow biker lost.

This is just a post of me wishing you all well and happy riding, In what ever fashion, and or style of riding you do.
Sorry for your loss. Ride safe.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Never good to hear of rider fatalities. I often repeat those words before heading out, to keep my riding in check and in perspective.

RIP.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry for your loss, also remind everyone you know not to talk or text while driving.
No laws against it here in OK I even see cops doing both.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
I think that a biker hearing about a biker dying is like a soldier hearing about a soldier dying. Whether we knew them personally or not it always weighs on out hearts.
I agree Christi.

Sorry for your loss Shane.

We should always remain vigilant, alert and mindful when riding. I hope we all ride safe and smart. :smile

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone for your condolences.
I was able to get a little info yesterday.
He was traveling at normal speeds doing nothing crazy just crusing along with his cousin side by side. They were on there harlies. Aparently he hit some gravel/dirt in the road and the front tire gave out. He was shot into oncoming traffic and he (not the bike) hit a truck. The truck slingshotted him into a road sign and took it completely out! At that point he was gone!
There was no blood or anything, it was all internal. He did not have a helmet on, but the medical examiner said even if he had, it wouldnt have helped at all.

Again, I thank you all, and wish you all happy and safe riding.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
That is awful Shane. I will keep his family in my prayers!

Sorry for your loss as well!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Terribel news

That is terrible news and sorry for your loss. I was riding yesterday and they just finished road construction. and the canyon looked fast and beautiful, But it was not it was covered in gravel and i almost went down at 38 mph. It was way to dangerous to go faster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts