Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo All,

Has anyone got any advice on where I can get some ride height spacers for an 9R F1?

Really struggling to find some. Even my local Kwak dealer has got no idea whatsoever what I'm talking about. Can you believe that - the dealer thinks I'm mistaken.

I don't think Iam - I thought they were dead easy to fit and look like washers.

Any tips?

Cheers.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ride height spacers? The way to change the ride height on 9 is to move the forks up or down in the clamps depending on which way you want to go for the front. For the rear they sell adjustable dog legs to lower the bike or use the spanner at the top of the shock spring to change the attitude of the bike in the rear. Just be careful with your adjustments and make sure they are equal. I have seen some unfortunate accidents happen because somebody rushed through suspension adjustments!!! The link zed gave is good as well there is a guy on that sight with the screen name "Torque" is the man when it comes to the ZX-9R! :crazyloco

·
Registered
462 Posts
Dropping height in the front by sliding the forks up will also decrease the rake which will decrease stability, a very bad thing. Increasing the rear height of course, does the same thing which is what gripper is apperently wanting to know. I raised the rear of my nine a couple of inches just by fitting some spacers, which has had a SIGNIFICANT effect on the steering.

You can find spacers at any store that sells nuts and bolts. I got mine at a local garden store that happens to sell such things. Just look at your local home improvement stores and you should find something, I personally don't feel you need to spend $10 to get a "genuine kawasaki spacer set" that you can find at any store for $1.

Anyways, be careful what you do with those things. Like I said earlier, it REALLY affects your steering. After I put some on I went for a few rides and initially, the steering is great. Light and sharp, low effort too. But when you pick it up it's still light, and still laser sharp, and still low effort, BUT it requires A LOT more to hold a line smoothly. You can feel everything which is good but it feels so sensitive. It's like if you not completely focused on the front it'll slide out from underneath you. And using the front brakes hard causes a little headshake now... kinda scary. :evil I personally love it:evil . My bike feels as sharp as my friends newer 6r, but with the power of the 9. I'll probably change it back when I lose it and realize what an idiot I was to make such a radical geometry change on the bike. :banghead

Anyways, just remember your not just changing the ride height, but a host of other things such as wheelbase, camber, rake, trail, weight distribution. Any change in the suspension, no matter how insignificant, equals a big change in the bike

:tard BE CAREFUL!:tard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.