Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used to ride a zx11. Had it for about 5 years. Loved it. Was older but did everything I wanted it to and then some. And it was a land based missile. In fact the dealer took it out for a ride whent he zx14's were just released and came back and was shocked to admit he thought it was faster than the 14. Then I bought a Concours14 and beat the hell out of it for 3 years... anyway, that was years and years ago.

Now I'm back to street riding. After 4 years of strictly offroad racing (on a bike). I just recently moved from West Africa to South Africa and the streets are perfect for sport touring. So I picked up a ZX14R to go along with my offroad bikes. You know, to use on those days I'm not playing offroad. 2016 ZX14R in the color I wanted. 30k kms on the clock. Quickshifter. Pipes. Everything else stock.

This bike is super nimble. Quick. Just put it in FULL power mode this last weekend for the first time. Still have traction on 3. Just trying to get a feel for it. Loving it. Have a set of risers coming which will help my back and wrists some. Although I already find it pretty comfortable for 1 or 2 hours straight. I just put a Sargent seat on it. Not really sure it is more or less comfortable than the stock, but it does have more of a back to it and cups you in so no worry of sliding back. Plus has a nice storage pocket built in.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts