Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on how to make things like the speedo cluster look like new on an old bike? I have not found an OEM replacement part and I wanna make the speedo/tach look like new again. Currently it and other plastic items like turn signals are faded and kinda wornout looking on my bike.

Tips, tricks, or places to buy new would be awesome...thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I see your from Naperville I am not too far away from you so that is fun .. I bet your the other bike, I keep hearing about "that looks like mine:) Some plastic tricks i use is WD40 usually makes some black plastic look good.. just greasy :( but it makes the bugs just wipe off same with Pam on the paint I know weird but if i am blowing through cornfields i will spray it down just so i can wipe the bugs right off

·
Registered
203 Posts
i had a old 84 VF750R a while back. i used a plastic polish and buffer wheel on my drill to clean/polish the lens of the cluster if thats what you're talking about. i used the stick polish that you rub into the polishing disk...

mine worked out pretty decent.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see your from Naperville I am not too far away from you so that is fun .. I bet your the other bike, I keep hearing about "that looks like mine:) Some plastic tricks i use is WD40 usually makes some black plastic look good.. just greasy :( but it makes the bugs just wipe off same with Pam on the paint I know weird but if i am blowing through cornfields i will spray it down just so i can wipe the bugs right off
Could be...I've only had it on the road for a few weeks. I'm very anxious to get it back from the shop. It will be mechanically like new. It already sits in very good shape. I will take and post more pics when I get it back.

If you ever wanna cruise around I'm in. I dont ride very hard but I like tooling around.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Throwback I heard about the WD40 trick. I plan to wipe all my black down with it when it returns home. I like the pam idea as you know the bugs can get rough out here at night. I come back with my faceshield covered in them its so nasty.

·
Registered
241 Posts
AZX, I was about to post the same thing. Again, it is a little on the greasy side for controls, but once dry, less so than WD-40

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys I have the back to black as well. I thought about trying it but I heard from a rider that WD40 is where its at. I guess I could try both? First I need my bike from the shop :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts