Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I take off the brake pads off the caliper on my 96 zx7r??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Step one; Get a shop manual. If you want to do your own work, it's invaluable.

Step two; See step one for instructions.

Be sure to clean the calipers with brake cleaner, check the pistons for corrosion and grease the slider pins and the backs of the new pads with brake grease upon reassembly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did but the pins dont slide out the dude that i bought the bike off of he had never changed the brake pads so the pins are stuck.... Any suggestions on how i can take them out?

·
Registered
240 Posts
The pad pins shouldnt be super tight, my manual calls for 11 ft lbs. Are they rusted.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Im not familiar with your bike, but every bike I own, the pins have an allen head bolt to remove them. They just don't slide out, but the shouldn't be in there excessively tight either

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea they are rusted and my pins dont have heads its just the pin...

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Get a manual lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
I downloaded a manual for your bike to get a better idea. What exactly model is your? N1 N2 P1 P2. Some of them have different brake setups. If you pm or post your email i can send you the manual. Spray some penetrative such as liquid wrench on the pin. If you can get to the back side of the pin, u can tap it out with a punch or a long bolt. Or since you will shortly have the manual, maybe Masta can tell you since he probably has the same bike. The generic pictures in the manual arent real useful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks but I used a hammer and some pliers and got the job done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts