Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two months of searching for parts I finally have my ride (636) back on the road (the story continues from here http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=783 ). Took your advice Beans and waited for a replacement swingarm.
The garage pictures say it all - you need a special jack attachment to lift a modern zx-6r (which I do not have) so I lifted the bike by its frame. This did require the removal of some bricks from my garage wall to create the hoist....

The bike has the following aftermarket parts attached:

Akrapovic titanium silencer (with removable insert - removed).
Ivans exhaust servo motor eliminator.
Lower fairings from an 05 zx-6RR (green)
Aftermarket lower fairing decals.
Harris carbon fibre hugger & chain guard.
Custom number plate bracket & signal mount.
Motrax rear signal indicators.
Tank top camera mount.

Thanks must go to the following people for their help (this was anything but a one man job):

Beans for the service manual.
Clive & Keith for help with removing the engine sprocket nut.
Keith for help with removing and replacing the swingarm.
Brian for the lower fairing decals (www.mmsgrafix.co.uk)
LM Motorcycles for the dealer parts.

For those thinking of upgrading their 05 ZX-6R exhaust to the Akrapovic titanium (SS-K6SO3-NT), you should be aware that it's not all that loud. I've heard full blown 105db race exhausts at idle and on the road, and I’d say that the Akra can
(with the insert removed) in volume level sits about half way between your standard can and a full-blown race can (the Micron Beta can is much louder - and less than half the price - but the power gain is lower).
It's loud enough that people notice you pulling away from the lights - the note is different too - people can tell you've changed the bike - but other bikes will be louder.

·
Registered
39 Posts
:clap Looks Good,
I would check the spacing and alignment on the rear hugger to get it centered on the rear tire.

I am sure it sounds great!!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Look's really good bro......love what you've done to her!!! I'd just add a set of Frame Sliders on her......

Yea do check that rear hugger!!!! Great to hear that your back and riding....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hugger does look lob-sided but it's mostly the angle of the picture. You're not able to adjust it unless you heat it up then re-set it.

I spoke to harris about this and they said i could exchange it. From what he said, they're all hand made - but it's not as bad in person as it is in the picture.

I originally wanted the Pyramid hugger but they had no stock. Seems to be quite common for many of the aftermarket plastics companies. They make a production run of 10 - 20 units and after that it's custom order only(=long wait).

·
Registered
75 Posts
tha is one good like bike you got there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice work brother. Definatley like the rig you made to pick up the bike off the ground.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
faacckkk!!! I like it!! That bike looks awesome! I really like the Kawaski in black on the lower fairing there, kinda reminds me of the older Ninjas but on a modern sportbike.

I gotta admit I laughed a little at the rafter job to suspend the rear of the bike up, but that is pretty cool all the same!

Congrads man! Let's see some pics of you riding it now!

·
Registered
381 Posts
How much were the Kawi stickers on the belly pan? I checked the order form on his site but didnt see them on it, I definately want a set for my 636.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sticker prices

Each sticker cost me £5.50 (400mm wide). Postage is £2.50. So that's £13.50 delivered. That seemed very good value to me compared to Kawasaki who would charge you 3x - 5x as much (they don't make the belly stickers but I've bought other decals from them and it cost$$$).

I think the guys name is Brian. The code of the sticker is KAWA1 (A). You want them 400mm long in normal aspect ratio.

Mine were black on clear. If you've got the stock (black) belly pan then you'll need another colour (white?).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts