Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

i tried to take the rear factory fender off, but there is a wire connecting the fender to the bike. looks like the wire to the plate lights. Can i just cut it and tape it, or is there any other quick wat to disconnet it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just took mine off the other day, and also made my own eliminator and kept the light for the tag by using the oem fender materials. The wire is not super easy to get to, but small hands or tweezers will work. Just pull off the rear seat and then tug on the wire a little to find it. You will probally have to take the light off of the fender so that you will have enough slack to reach the wire. Then, it is as simple as disconnecting the little sucker. There is a little black (or green, can't remember) connector that is half way in between the wire and the light, under the seat. I will try to post some pics if I get some time. Hope this helps.
-Justin

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i wil try it soon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just took mine off the other day, and also made my own eliminator and kept the light for the tag by using the oem fender materials. The wire is not super easy to get to, but small hands or tweezers will work. Just pull off the rear seat and then tug on the wire a little to find it. You will probally have to take the light off of the fender so that you will have enough slack to reach the wire. Then, it is as simple as disconnecting the little sucker. There is a little black (or green, can't remember) connector that is half way in between the wire and the light, under the seat. I will try to post some pics if I get some time. Hope this helps.
-Justin
Disconnect the BLACK. The GREEN is for the turn signal. Pretty simple to once you reach the connector. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again, i already got it done. I tried Jawat25s advice and diconected the wire. I went to a local welding and metal supply shop and got a piece of bent aluminum and drilled two holes in it. Put it on with nuts and bolts. looks good for $4.50.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts