Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would try heat...Use a hair drier on the pad and slowly peel it off with the heat on it all the time. Then use goo gone to get the residue off....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I do body work and I have had alot of experience with things like that, and a heat gun is the way to go. just be careful and dont get it too close. you just need to heat it a little bit peel it with one hand with you heat with the other.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would go hairdryer- I use heat guns a lot in my line of work- and a motorcycle is not the place to learn how to use one!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would go hairdryer- I use heat guns a lot in my line of work- and a motorcycle is not the place to learn how to use one!
I second the hairdryer. Much easier to control than the heat from a heatgun (but it will also take a little longer to heat). Also if it's pretty hot where you live just let it sit outside for a day and in the afternoon before it starts getting dark it will come off more easily.

Then a little Stoner's Tarminator (waaaay better than Goo-Gone and clear-coat safe) to get any remaining adhesive off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts