Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I’ve just bought a solo seat cowl for my 98 zx7r and it looks pretty good. The only thing is that I think the pillion handles look a bit odd with no pillion seat. I was trying to think of a way of how to remove them. I don’t just want to leave the holes there because it would look crap and I think they help hold the rear fairing on.

The best solution I can think of is to get some second hand handles off eBay. Cut the ends of the handles off then file them so when they bolt into the holes they are flush with the body work. Then spray them the same colour of the body.

Can anyone think of a better way or any problems with what I’m planning if not?

Cheers

Shrapers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It took me a while to get round to it but I did what I said in the first post and cut down some ebay handles. Results are meh at best. I've only slapped some white hammerite on to see how they looked on the bike but it’s clear the fit is less then ideal.

When you stand back a few feet and cross your eyes it looks pretty cool but the closer you get the worse it looks. I'm going to leave it a week and see if I get used to them but I’ll probably put the handles back on.

You win some, you lose some.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
If you HEAVILY mask the area around the holes, cut them a little long, and hit them with a grinder you ought to be able to get those things damn nice looking.

That is a good idea, and something I may try this winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts