Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2011 14 yesterday. Got Yoshi r22 slip on's so wanted to install them ASAP. Removed the left stock exhaust no problem. The right side middle hex bolt gave me issues. After while ending stripping it. What can I do to get it out?

·
Registered
50 Posts
You could try tapping the next closest size allen socket in SAE (not metric) into it and put a little heat to it, or you could drill it out carefully and use an easyout to turn it out. Hope this helps I know how much it sucks to be excited to do something like this only to have that happen and put an end to the project.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I will sometimes tap the head of the bolt with something flat to push some of the metal back down into the hex part of the bolt . Then I take a new Allen wrench and tap it into the hole . A lot of times all the taping will also help loosen the bolt .

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
you could always try a bigger hex head and tap it in and make its own marks/grooves and then remove. now i have a quick question you did notice the nut behind the bolt right? i have removed exhaust a couple of times and the only way it wouldn't come off is if i turned the wrong way and didn't have a wrench on the nut that is on the back side. just a side note

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could always try a bigger hex head and tap it in and make its own marks/grooves and then remove. now i have a quick question you did notice the nut behind the bolt right? i have removed exhaust a couple of times and the only way it wouldn't come off is if i turned the wrong way and didn't have a wrench on the nut that is on the back side. just a side note
Thanks ez but I did have a wrench on the rear. It is possible I did not have the exact hex (smaller sae) on it in the begging but by the time I went to home depot to purchase the proper size and handle the damage was done.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone's suggestion, drilling the bolt toke a lot of time and money because I ended up finding out I needed the black oxide bits ($30) to penetrate. The bolt removal kits at home depot did not work and I tried 2 different manufacturers. I ended up drilling ou the metal attached to the the pipe and deal with not having 1 center bolt for the Yoshi and probably won't be able to get rid of the stocks. FYI, Yoshi with silencer removed sound great.

[URL=http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=584885514_boltdone_122_550lo.jpg][/URL]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for everyone's suggestion, drilling the bolt toke a lot of time and money because I ended up finding out I needed the black oxide bits ($30) to penetrate. The bolt removal kits at home depot did not work and I tried 2 different manufacturers. I ended up drilling ou the metal attached to the the pipe and deal with not having 1 center bolt for the Yoshi and probably won't be able to get rid of the stocks. FYI, Yoshi with silencer removed sound great.

[URL=http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=584885514_boltdone_122_550lo.jpg][/URL]
Yikes!! :scared There are better solutions than that. I have all kinds of damaged bolt removers.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
glad you got it removed buddy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts