Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to eliminate the left hand controls on my 98 ZX7R Track bike.
Was thinking of just running a short cable with a D-ring out the side of the left lower fairing near the idle adjustment cable.

I've seen pics of track bikes w/o the left hand controls but never see where the choke is operated from.

I can't just eliminate the choke. I live in Canada and need it, some mornings are pretty cool at the track.....

Anyone done this????

Thanks

· Registered
1,848 Posts
Was thinking of just running a short cable with a D-ring out the side of the left lower fairing near the idle adjustment cable.

I've seen pics of track bikes w/o the left hand controls but never see where the choke is operated from.

I can't just eliminate the choke. I live in Canada and need it, some mornings are pretty cool at the track.....

Anyone done this????

Thanks
The hardcore racers I have been around here in Colorado completely eliminate the choke operation. Sure it's a bitch to start if the temps are a bit nippy.

The other option, considering you should spend your racing at the 6000+ RPM level is to fatten up the idle circuit to start the bike when cold. Shouldn't be too much of a factor while racing and not much of a problem later in the day with a hot engine and warm temps.

Josh

· Registered
81 Posts

Anyone done this????

Thanks
Honda fireblade one works a treat!
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i138/whylong/zxr 900r/ZXRJ006-1.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.