Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wrist can't take it any more and my old Vista Cruise from my 1982-83 Yamaha Visions just won't fit! The dual throttle cables going out of the side of the housing is the issue. I bought a Universal Vista Cruise for 7/8" handle bars model MCUV00-P (fits most HONDA, KAWASAKI, ...) but I don't like it and it looks like it just won't fit: way too complicated. The dealers I have visited aren't much help. Is there not just a simple lever model that will fit? What about a different brand?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
You are using the huge one, with a chrome clamp on the tube? This is ugly...

I already fitted a NEP and a standard Vista Cruise on my Z11C with great result. I even got a Throttlemeister once that I installed but never liked the way it works. I switched back to standard Vista Cruise. I tranfered it on my current ZX11D when I got it. I could try to take some pics but don't hold your breath...

Throttlemeister is a gorgeous piece of steel and clever looking but I do not like the manipulations that must be made to lock/unlock it.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Ive been using the Throttlemeister.

Not cheap, but, OH so VERY good......

What Claude is is referring to, is the fact that you have to remove your hand from the grip an twist the Throttlemeister to an on position. Takes only a few seconds, but I can see how it may have been inrritating for some users. I dont mind it cus it works very well, looks great, and is also a bar weight to cut down vibration.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
ive been using the throttlemeister.

Not cheap, but, oh so very good......

What claude is is referring to, is the fact that you have to remove your hand from the grip an twist the throttlemeister to an on position. Takes only a few seconds, but i can see how it may have been inrritating for some users. I dont mind it cus it works very well, looks great, and is also a bar weight to cut down vibration.
+1

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
What Claude is is referring to, is the fact that you have to remove your hand from the grip an twist the Throttlemeister to an on position.
Exactly, Need to remove your hand from the throttle, and then, "screw" the bar end to lock it or remove the hand and "unscrew" the bar end to unlock it. With a NEP or Vista Cruise, you extend your thumb and "click" it on or "click" it off. I prefer the latter. And I already have quite heavier bar ends (heavier than heaviest Throttlemeister model) to absorb vibrations.

But, as I wrote above, beside this issue and price, Throttlemeister is a piece of art and a much better looking opton. Depends on what your priorities are.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Home made Throttlemeister

If you can operate a Throttlemeister, I made a home made Throttlemeister. Give me until tomorrow for details. It's Saturday night in Wisconsin. I'm doing more important things!

Cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use a Throttlemeister also, not as much as I should for the same reasons as Claude. I use my last 2 fingers and the edge of my palm to lock the Throttlemeister while I aceelerate to speed. Wish I could make my vista cruise work without drilling anything...

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
If you can operate a Throttlemeister, I made a home made Throttlemeister. Give me until tomorrow for details. It's Saturday night in Wisconsin. I'm doing more important things!

Cheers
Yo! I'm itching to hear this..............really.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cheap throttle lock

Here is the link to the photos."http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc496/KramTterrab/. In short, I welded the existing bar end mounting screw to the bar end. Welded on the outside. Belt sanded my cheesy locking weld, then painted it black. Took a length of 1 inch PVC and cut a piece about .225 inches wide. PVC piece butts up against the plastic of the throttle housing. You might have to cut back some rubber grip. To lock throttle, screw bar end in until throttle won't return. To unlock screw it out. On mine it's about a 180 degree turn from lock to unlock. Looks like your hyper link doesn't work.

Joe

·
Registered
67 Posts
Claude's link looks like a winner to me, cheap, effective, and not bad looking.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I plan on buying one just as soon as I get my bike back road worthy so I will let ya know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts