Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called and left a message on my voicemail, saying they have been notified of a recall on my 2006 ZX-10R...not sure what it is, will post up more info as I find out.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Quick beans... need to know. I pick mine up on Friday. :'(

·
Registered
10 Posts
found this on another site on a recall for the zx10r

Attn!! 2006 Zx-10 Owners!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had my 06 ten in for a recall job. Kawasaki just posted it up on there dealer direct site. Your Ohlin's stearing damper Bolt has to be tourqued to a certain point. Please let ur dealership know about this and tell them to fix this problem. Just letting u know all the info on whats going on...And if anything else pop's up i will let u guys know. Ride Safe.. and God Bless!!

Is this the recall??

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got off the phone with the dealer that I purchased my ZX-10R from, I was informed the recall notice has to do with the steering damper. They are going to fax the service paperwork related to the recall so I can post it up. It appears that one of the bolts related to the steering damper mounting needs to be re-torqued to a certain level.

They said Kawi will be contacting all owners to ensure this gets done. I am going to have my bike at the dealer next week to get taken care of.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw the paper, basically the one bolt that connects the steering damper to the frame needs to be torqued at 11 ft/lb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the recall on 2006 zx10r is steering damper bolts come loose . doesnt affect all bikes. you should get notice through post .just take bike to dealers and they retighten them to correct torque settings , only takes 5 mins to do and its free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts