Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 ZX7 that I am going to be using for a weekend track bike. I am rebuilding the carbs so I purchased a carb rebuild kit. Everything looks good except in the kit
there are a bunch of tiny rubber seals and I am not sure what they are for. When I took the carbs off , I was very careful about marking/tracking each part. There are 9 of the rubber seals which also makes it strange ... most of the parts come in groups of 4.
I went to look at the carbs online (online diagram) and I don't see these.
Any Idea what these are for ?
Thanks for the help!
Carb-Rebuild2.jpg

Todd

·
Registered
299 Posts
Who makes the carb kit (Part Number and name) because they are not from a set of standard ZX7R P Model Carbs.
I wonder if there either for a 1997 ZX7R N Model with Flat Sides or a Combo kit :unsure:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who makes the carb kit (Part Number and name) because they are not from a set of standard ZX7R P Model Carbs.
I wonder if there either for a 1997 ZX7R N Model with Flat Sides or a Combo kit :unsure:
I Got the kit off of Ebay.
My bike is a
1997KawasakiNinja ZX7RZX750P

Says it is compatible...I wonder if it is because it fits multiple year bikes?
Can't seem to find a part number. I am going to reach out to the guy I bought it from here in the states

todd

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it...

All Balls Carburetor Rebuild Kit For Kawasaki ZX750 Ninja ZX7R 1996-2003 - Part number 363267803222

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Spare O rings for the shiny, round brass thingies. If those are the Pilots, then yes.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you check the fitment guide it fits the P & N Models so expect to have some parts you won't need, Considering the N Carbs have an Accelerator Pump with 'O' Rings..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for all the help!
Carbs are getting rebuilt tonight.
This bike has been sitting outside for some time. Drained the oil a couple of days ago.. . no water. Oil didn't look horrible. Hoping to get this thing turned over to see what I got.

Thanks again for all the help
Todd

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Can you post a pic of the 7? It's almost necessary to do on the 7 forums :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure if this will help... it's a salvage bike. The plastic was all broken and the tank was painted with some kind of texture paint. The tank is at my buddies who is stripping it for me. The bike is in pieces ... oil drained , back tire off ... but here ya go. This the day I got it to the house .. the chain was so rusted and tires were that we picked it up with a fork lift and put it in my truck !! :p

here it is torn down. I have been working on it over the winter.
Hoping to race it in some local track days here in Omaha. "plate" on the frame says 1997 ZX7

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More info if you guys care. The guy I bought the carb kit from says this should fit my bike. So I am wondering if the person who had it before me may have tried to rejet this or something?
Pilot Jets look the same

However the float valve is a different size. The one on the right is the new one and you can see they are NOT the same size

And the new screw pilot is longer than the one I removed from the carbs....

The saga continues....

todd

·
Registered
47 Posts
Double check the jet sizes and make sure they r the same. Id b worried about that mixture screw tho. It is very different. Basic setting is 2.5 turns out. But if it runs funny u might swap the old ones back in n c if that has anything to do w it. That float valve seat looks almost the same size in the pics.. if its not snug in the carb, then u got the wrong kit entirely..

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
That small filter screen needs to be removed from the old seat and installed on the new one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That small filter screen needs to be removed from the old seat and installed on the new one.

The kit actually came with new ones.
I think I am going to use all the old parts, but all use all the new gaskets and see if how it runs with that setup. I want to keep things simple and stock for this bike.
Strictly using this for track day. I just want to get it running, put some good tires on it and some cheap plastic and have some fun on the local track. (y)

Thanks again for all the advice and the help. The bike has been sitting for awhile but seems to be in solid shape.
Todd

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Once you remove the seats, you will need to at least replace the o-rings or it will leak. Float valves should be changed at the bare minimum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts